Why are my geese bitting each other?

Discussion in 'Geese' started by thegoosegirl59, Jan 4, 2011.

1. thegoosegirl59

thegoosegirl59 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 3, 2011
    USA
    I don't know why my White Chinese Geese that are about 4 months old keep biting each other. There not like attacking each other, but occasionally they will reach over and bite one another. I don't know why, could any one help me please?[​IMG]

2. floridaquilter

floridaquilter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2010
    Crescent City, FL
    My toulouse bite at each other quite abit. they are reminding the others who is the top goose. Most of the time it has to do with food. sometimes when I am around they show off and the friendlier gander nips at the others so he can be first in line for treats.

3. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    Right now we're entering breeding season and this happens frequently between ganders to show dominance to one another. They'll even nip their humans. (just ask me how I know. LOL) Do you have two ganders?

Laurie

4. goosedragon

goosedragon Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Central NC
    Quote:Bite or pull feathers? mine used to pull feathers as a daily thing. bite was reserved for when they really were mad at another one. Bites often started fights feather pulls were a much more friendly thing.

5. thegoosegirl59

thegoosegirl59 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 3, 2011
    USA
    Thanks for all the feed back [​IMG]

6. elizabethbinary

elizabethbinary Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    My gander bites my goose sometimes. Not hurtful.. just *honk!*... I'm pretty sure they do it simply because they're geese. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by