Why are people so nasty~Ebay auction...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Mycookoonest, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Mycookoonest

Mycookoonest Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2008
    Hudson Valley NY
    Can someone please tell me when someone makes a mistake with how they pay (E-check) can't the seller nicely correct the buyer... instead of threatening to send unfresh eggs!

I won a turkey egg auction and paid with paypal e-check (incase of dispute) and they sent me a nasty gram! VERY snotty, I'm sorry I'm spending $24 for eggs and shipping for 6 turkey eggs... why can't you just make me aware of the fact that I need to change my payment method?

Maybe it's my pregnancy hormones flowing but I'd like the fresh eggs I pay for, and not get threatened with week old ones!!!

I was also paying for 2 auctions at once so my mistake.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2008
  2. Tsagirl

Tsagirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2007
    Eugene,OR
    that really sucks! People just suck sometimes!
    I say stick to the people here at BYC forum. All I have had was wonderful people and their eggs.

Ohh and if you want great turkey eggs go to Hazelton Farms. I got eggs from her and they were wondeful!

[​IMG][​IMG]

3. therealsilkiechick

therealsilkiechick ShowGirl Queen

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    they can't refuse ur payment method. ebay has changed that recently and we the sellers must accept all forms of paypal payment includeing e-checks now. they should have gotten a notice stateing that too. i got mine sent to me on paypal i think it was. they r to wait for the e-check to clear before they r to collect the eggs to ship to keep them fresh. i don't like it either but we now have to abide by it.
    hope that helps,
    silkie

4. ezbird

ezbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2008
    That's how it is these days. Just buy from reputable supplier, then you wouldn't have situations like that.

5. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    I've been an Ebay seller for years and there is no sense in threatening people to get them to pay the way you want them to. They were given the option as to what forms of payment they accept along with being in charge of what their rules are for the auction. I think I would contact Ebay and let them know. You might even be able to file a dispute with Paypal and get your money back.

6. penelope77

penelope77 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2008
    northeast oklahoma
    there is definitely a much nicer way to let you know. i wouldn't order from them again. geesh. i was lucky, all but one person i got my eggs from were super nice.

7. Mycookoonest

May 29, 2008
    Hudson Valley NY
    This is the email I recieved...

"Hello,
    I received an echeck payment from you for the 6 pecilled red palm eggs, my listing did state "NO E-CHECKS", I guess you missed that part!!!

This payment will not clear in time for me to ship these eggs to you this week.

So now they will have to wait till next week to ship out, which means they will no longer be fresh laid eggs, this is why I say no echecks in ALL my egg auctions as they are time sensitive."

I even went in to paypal and changed the payment asking him to not process the other payment... UGH!

8. Julie08

Julie08 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    I'd tell Mr RUDE to sit on his eggs!

9. Mycookoonest

May 29, 2008
    Hudson Valley NY
    Assuming I ever get Turkey eggs... what the procedure for them?

10. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    Sorry:( I've been ripped off more and more on ebay so I don't like it. People are not packing eggs very well at all and then when I mention that most or all eggs are broken they are like that's not my fault don't leave negative feedback. I do understand eggs get broken but when a entire shipment is wrapped in Kleenex with very little bubblewrap that is poor shipping to me. I just leave the negative feedback anyways so others are not also ripped off. I've also been sold mutts as purbereds:( I had already left great feedback about the excellent packaging. I am no longer going to purchase on ebay. I have had much better luck buying on BYC [​IMG] You paid so you should get fresh eggs not old ones. That is a horrid ebay seller.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by