Why are possums so hard to kill?!?!

Small brains, thick skulls, and low metabolisms. Kinda like reptiles. Also, they play dead.
Please go and kill it properly. Crush the brain, stop the heart, or both. Preferably decapitate it to be sure. Even pest animals deserve a clean death. Possums have a very low rabies risk and aren't the fastest animals, you have absolutely no reason not to go out and put it out of its misery.

Small brains, thick skulls, and low metabolisms. Kinda like reptiles. Also, they play dead.
Please go and kill it properly. Crush the brain, stop the heart, or both. Preferably decapitate it to be sure. Even pest animals deserve a clean death. Possums have a very low rabies risk and aren't the fastest animals, you have absolutely no reason not to go out and put it out of its misery.

Somewhere in the recesses of this old brain :old, I too thought it had something to do with a very primitive nervous system. "Even pest animals deserve a clean death" - I am in complete agreement with this.

Be it a clean death or not, some pest animals are more deserving of death than others.

I may have woke up on the wrong side of the bed but there is nothing right about this statement.

These "pest" animals are doing nothing more then trying to survive in a world that is full of humans that took over.

We have houses, condos and shopping centers built on land that was once their home, it's not enough that we took that away, so the deserve to die?

No animal, pest or not deserves to die. We have the knowledge and means to learn to live around them, they sadly do not.

I understand this is a chicken forum and people love their chickens(I know I do) but if we can not protect our chickens and have to kill animals then maybe chickens are not the right animal to have.

This is the problem in today's world. No respect for life, everything is disposable. No one educates themselves before they do things, then they wonder what or why something went wrong.

If you have a small dog and you have coyotes or Hawks--you do not leave your dog unattended. If you have a cat and have coyotes or Hawks or fox, you keep the cat inside. If you have chickens and have any predators, you have a secure coop. If you choose to free range, that choice is yours. Any hungry animal that hunts for food will take the opportunity. They are much like human hunters, if a hunter sees that deer, are they going to shoot it? Yes they are because they don't know when the next opportunity will come along. The only difference in these hunters is that these pest animals do it for survival and humans do it because they enjoy it. Humans have the choice, animals do not.

These animals are not meaning to be pest. There was someone that posted on here and I believe they were and followed the Native American Indian way of doing things and it works for them. I am not of that decent, but should be because nature and everything in it is very important and here for a reason.

Somewhere in the recesses of this old brain :old, I too thought it had something to do with a very primitive nervous system. "Even pest animals deserve a clean death" - I am in complete agreement with this.

Be it a clean death or not, some pest animals are more deserving of death than others.

Back
Top Bottom