WHY are the cute ones ALWAYS boys?????

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Bengalcats1, May 24, 2011.

1. Bengalcats1

Bengalcats1 Songster

Apr 29, 2011
    [​IMG] I was looking at my bantam cochin baby and he is ALL boy .....he has the most feathers on his feet Ive ever seen, BUSHY and he is a boy.....[​IMG]

2. whimx

whimx In the Brooder

May 23, 2011
    awww, i'm sorry to hear that [​IMG] i would be so sad if mine were boys!

3. Grillmaster33

Grillmaster33 Songster

Apr 18, 2008
    Triad, NC
    I have the worst luck with baby boys.

I have 11 chicks at the moment and it seems that only two, MAYBE one are girls. Last year I had five and it turned out they were ALL boys and the year before my class hatched 10, 9 of which were....

BOYS!
    lol

4. Could be worse... I ordered my first chicks straight run and my favorite actually turned out to be a pullet! The first week we let them out to free range a hawk nabbed her. She was the only girl I had in that breed till about a year ago. It would have been easier if she had been a boy.

5. Bengalcats1

Bengalcats1 Songster

Apr 29, 2011
    Quote:That is always my luck as well, more than half of mine end up to be boys and you can only have so many ya know? I have silkie babies now and I'm worried how many will be roos and they take so long to mature by then Im attached, I need to stop with the babies [​IMG]

6. Nicole01

Nicole01 Crowing

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    Quote:Oh my. I think I only have one boy and he/she was a sexed pullet RIR. His/her comb was bright red since 7 weeks. I'm waiting for a crow or an egg to make sure. I picked 8 chicks this year. My straight runs I believe are female!!! I've been very lucky!

7. pgpoultry

pgpoultry Songster

Oct 16, 2009
    Wales
    Well I managed the 9 cockerels to 2 pullets from an 11 hatch, too, then had 6 cockerels from 6 hatched . I thought I was jinxed. However, my current hatch is 7 pullets to 2 cockerels, so the bad spell does pass....eventually.

8. TreeHugger

TreeHugger Songster

Apr 7, 2008
    I'm having roo overload this year also. Total of 13 chicks this year; 7 confirmed boys, 2 confirmed girls and the jury is still out on the other 4 (2 of which I'm thinking are roos).

9. Bengalcats1

Bengalcats1 Songster

Apr 29, 2011
    And for some reason it seems to be the Pretty ones, this little guy is going to be such a puff ball he would have made a beau girl [​IMG]

10. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    Isn't it the case with men too? You always have to get rid of the cute ones...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by