why arent my ducks laying?

bravevline

Songster
6 Years
Apr 30, 2013
i dont understand!!!!! they started laying last July and stopped late september! all my buddies are getting eggs; why arent i?

what breed are they? and they may not be laying again yet cause the hours of light and such aren't what they need yet and may wait til later in spring to lay and if they do wait you'll just have to wait as well as you cant really force them

im not exactly sure on the breed. i have a pekin that was bought last sept i believe. she should be ready to start anytime now as this is her seventh of being alive!!! !!! i also have two female Chinese Geese and two male Chinese Ganders. no eggs yet there either. chickens are already going strong!!!

Hmmmm

things that can affect laying

stress - changes
illness
light
food
temperature
off the top of my head. And her seventh month? Year?

My runners, four years old, just last week started laying after taking a break starting last October.

My ducks only just started laying again. We had a cold winter for here (I am in AL between Mobile and Pensacola). And right now, only 3 of the 5 are laying. Hoping to see more blue eggs soon.
Chickens started laying again a bit over a month ago.

Either my f&w runner or WH started laying 2 weeks ago, the other last week and one of the other runners started laying this weekend. 2 more runners to go.

Back
Top Bottom