Why can't I find a decent hairstylist? ...my bad hair day part two...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by arianna, Feb 11, 2011.

1. arianna

arianna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2010
    North Carolina
    [​IMG] It's never a good sign when you leave the hair salon to pick up your three year old daughter from preschool and she looks at you scared and says: " mommy you look like the monsters from Scooby-Doo….it‘s spooky" , then in the grocery store: “ mommy, what is wrong with your head?“ and more questions in the car when she asked me if that is a helmet on my head..."No pumpkin, it's not a helmet, it's just mommy's new hair style".
    I dare say she will recover from the shock in a day or two, but I will have to "wear" this helmet for the next three months, unless I decide to go for Sinead O’Connor style. [​IMG]
    For seven years I live in this small town and for seven years I have not had a decent hairstyle (and believe me, I am not the picky one).
    I went today to have a long perm done. New stylist, highly recommended by a friend. With so many beautiful choices in the magazines my eyes finally settle on a picture of a girl with beautiful large black curls. I turned to the stylist and asked: "Can you do this?"..... "Of course!" she reply "no problem!". So, brave and confident that I will have a wonderful hair style for my daughter's birthday party on Sunday I waited patiently on the torture chair for the next three hours. When the great moment of reveal came and I looked in the mirror, I start to stutter. I was speechless. I had this big puff on top of my had and two fuzzy puffs on the sides, nothing like the girl in the picture. I immediately start looking for the magazine thinking “did I show her a picture with Gene Simmons by mistake?” [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Now, all I need is the make up, and then I can go and terrorize all the poor toddlers from preschool every time I pick up my child.[​IMG] Unfortunately I never have the heart to say anything negative to the hairstylist, so I left the salon with my heart in my throat and short of $110 in my wallet. [​IMG]
    Looks like I’m going to wear a nice ponytail for the party…..[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
  2. happyhensny

happyhensny Brown Barns Farm

I know exactly how you feel-and I am not in a small area! I had a girl that used to do my hair, loved her. She actually owned 2 salons, sent her girls to training in NYC. Well, she finds this rich guy, gets married, pregnant and WHAM! Sells both salons and becomes stay at home mommy. Haven't found another like her.

3. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    Mom travels 60 miles to see hers. Well, I guess it also counts as a visit since he's a close family friend.

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

You said saloon. [​IMG]

Hey even in larger areas, I refuse to let someone cut my hair that has so many piercings they could make bubbles and purple hair. It is hard to find a good one.

5. arianna

arianna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2010
    North Carolina
    Quote:LOL you got me ![​IMG] must be all this hair that is in my eyes [​IMG]

6. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

Our town is covered over with salons. I still can't find anyone who can actually CUT HAIR.
    I don't really need a new style, or highlights or anything jazzy, just a haircut please. OMG they suck at cutting hair!
    I've settled for just going to the cheapest place I can find -- no sense in paying much for a bad cut.

7. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

[​IMG] I feel your pain. I have naturally curly hair and it really takes someone who KNOWS curly hair to cut it so it looks right curly and straight. Not easy to find.

8. charmed one

charmed one Show Me State Gal

I have been looking so long to find someone decent to cut my hair, my
    hair style is no longer in style! I haven't had a haircut for 2 years! Yes, I'm in a ponytail..... [​IMG]

9. CrazyChickieMama

CrazyChickieMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2008
    Bolton, NC
    My mom lives right between Annapolis and Baltimore. She drives from there to here (Wilmington, NC) to get her hair done every couple months.

She goes to a little salon where the girls are awesome and actually know what they are doing.

10. Royd

Royd Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Middleburg, Fl.

[​IMG] I feel your pain. I have naturally curly hair and it really takes someone who KNOWS curly hair to cut it so it looks right curly and straight. Not easy to find.

Just curious...If you have naturally curly hair, why did you go get a perm? Why didn't you just roll it up, at home, in large curlers, for the occasion? Yeah, I can speak with some authority...I sent my exwife to beauty school, and spent many hours in the shop, watching.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by