Why can't I pick a favorite?

bayyjayy

Songster
8 Years
Jul 5, 2011
Utah
So, I got a Buff and a Khaki from going to the fair. I am totally in love with the Buff one....she is GORGEOUS! (Nothing against the Khaki, she is just hurt, not moving much, so I haven't been able to appreciate her beauty yet. If I can ever catch her and get her fixed...UGH......I am going to have to traumatize her to get my hands on her, and I SO don't want to do that to her....she has been through enough already!)

When I was first wanting to add to my collection (lol) I wanted to get some Cayugas and some Buffs (among others), but I ended up NOT ordering but getting some Cayugas from a local farm supply that got some in. Well, I now am the proud owner of a beautiful Buff girl...and guess what? I WANT MORE! She is absolutely gorgeous! From pictures I knew they were pretty ducks, but nothing beats seeing them in person! I just wish she had been a duckling when I got her so that she would be more touchable.

I need a couple of WH girls now.

I'm not sure how to make myself stop! WHY are they so addicting. Seriously......why?

Why you figure it out, let me know. I got my first ducks 5 months ago....we now have 6. I want at least three more breeds (Cayuga, Rouen, Harlequin, Ancona)...maybe I should add a buff to the list?).....don't tell my husband. He's already had to build two duck houses - one for hens, one for drakes. I think I have become the crazy duck lady.

lol i ordered 2 cayugas male and female from metzer farms on november 12th 2010 and now my girl got killed today and now i only have the boy but the girl hatched a duckling and it died becuase it was premature or something........in the same day REALLY?!?well the same day my parents said i could order 2 more ducklings and now im getting two girl which are 1 blue swedish and one cayuga also................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................IM ADDICTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I want more but oh well...hehe more more more lol sorry but i did have a baby mallard but it ran into the forest and probably died........R.I.P. Simoan(Malllard) R.I.P. Honey(Cayuga) R.I.P.duckling no name(cayuga duckling)
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
Its my fault for all of those deaths i tell myself..im sorry

pekinduck<3er :

lol i ordered 2 cayugas male and female from metzer farms on november 12th 2010 and now my girl got killed today and now i only have the boy but the girl hatched a duckling and it died becuase it was premature or something........in the same day REALLY?!?well the same day my parents said i could order 2 more ducklings and now im getting two girl which are 1 blue swedish and one cayuga also................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................IM ADDICTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I want more but oh well...hehe more more more lol sorry but i did have a baby mallard but it ran into the forest and probably died........R.I.P. Simoan(Malllard) R.I.P. Honey(Cayuga) R.I.P.duckling no name(cayuga duckling)
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
Its my fault for all of those deaths i tell myself..im sorry

You can't beat yourself up! I feel so bad for you, because it is obvious from this post and your original one how much you love your ducks!! We are all sorry for your loss. What a hard day for you.

Keep your chin up, kiddo!​

Quote:
I have TEN baby Anconas coming in the next week--I HOPE! You GOTTA get Cayuga...you just gotta. I think mine are adorable! Ancona...well, I am getting ten, so you know my feelings on them. YES....add Buff to your list. I am telling you, the pictures don't do them justice, so just IMAGINE how the Harlequin look in person. OMG.....C'mon! We are suppose to be support for each other, and here we are egging each other on! I didn't tell my hubby about the Khaki and the Buff....my eight year old comes running in after he got home the night we got home from the fair and said, "Did you tell Daddy about the Buff duck?" My other kids started laughing and yelped, "Big MOUTH!" He just looked at me. And......started working on a new pen for me. LOL. When he started working on the pen, I said to him, "Awwww...I KNEW you loved my animals!" And he said....are you ready for this....."No, I don't, but I DO love you!" Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Get a Buff!

I think its impossible to pick just one
smile.png
I plan on raising 3 breeds of ducks (silky, runner and ancona) and 3 breeds of geese(oregon mini, shetland and american blue and lav)

Runners.....that is another one I want, just from reading posts from people like you!!!! : )

Back
Top Bottom