Why can't one quote people when editing a post?

Sussex19

Free Ranging
Premium Feather Member
Jul 3, 2022
NSW Australia
Sometimes I miss something when writing a post and want to go back and edit it, including quoting something they said.
But one can't seem to do this?

Last edited:
If you are not a PFM your window of edit is a day or so.. After that you no longer can edit your post.
I think you can still quote people, if your edit window did not run out.

Oh,, WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and :welcome

If you are not a PFM your window of edit is a day or so.. After that you no longer can edit your post.
I think you can still quote people, if your edit window did not run out.

Oh,, WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and :welcome
Thanks for replying!
It was in a pm where I noticed it, I'll try it here and see if it works. And it was only a few minutes after I posted it so I don't think that was the problem.

Nope, I tried it and there's an attach files button, but not the quote button that's normally next to it.

Last edited:
Not sure what browser you are using,, or just on a phone. :idunno But an easy way to do same is,,,, Copy what you want, and paste into your edited message. Like this,,

Nope, I tried it and there's an attach files butten, but not the quote butten that's normally next to it.

I made that portion in bold type,, just to demo.

Not sure what browser you are using,, or just on a phone.
Its Microsoft edge, but I think it was the same when I was using my phone.

But an easy way to do same is,,,, Copy what you want, and paste into your edited message. Like this,,

Nope, I tried it and there's an attach files butten, but not the quote butten that's normally next to it.

I made that portion in bold type,, just to demo.

That seems to work well!
And just to clarify, I can add it to the multi quote function, but just can't paste it so to speak.

I have noticed this too in both Firefox and Chrome.

Once it's posted there's no option to add a quote that you forgot. :(
There is more than one way to skin a cat :old :idunno :gigfigurative way of speaking... Although I have never skinned one myself:hugs

This is a great option to circumvent the situation. '' Edit your post like this,,
image_2022-08-29_142524044.png

And then just write the next message as you would want it.

Sometimes I miss something when writing a post and want to go back and edit it, including quoting something they said.
But one can't seem to do this?
If you want to add a quote to something you've already posted, just quote what you want, select all, copy, then paste that into your older message.

Editing in a tag doesn't send an alert to the person being tagged, so I'd wager editing in a quote wouldn't send an alert, either, even if there was an option to insert a quote while editing.

The copy and paste thing is what I do as well when I decide I want to add a quote of what I'm responding to in my post.

Back
Top Bottom