Why cant we be friends? ~bursts into song~

Claire_Bear

In the Brooder
12 Years
Apr 3, 2007
Garrison
Well i was thinking of adding one amercauna to my order of four banties. Will the big one be able to grow up with the little guys, or will she get too big and have to be separated. Willl the big one pick on all the little ones? And some other things too. Is a large storage tub big enough for 5 chicks (4 are banties and 1 standard). I cant let them go free range cuz we are next to a major road, so how big should the run be. I have an relative idea on how big the coop should be. 5ft by 5ft. THe nests are hanging about 3 ft off the ground and the roost will be hanging about 4 1/2 ft. There will be four nest that are 1ft in width each.The roost will be 5ft long. Does this sound appropriate? the run will be fenced in with hardware cloth and will have some sort of netting on the top to stop the banties from flying away. This all sounds good, right?

Ok...that avatar is just BRILLANT, Claire Bear.
That's all I have to say.
big_smile.png

Psht.... i love it too. yeah i need answers. sorry! i think my icon is really funny!!! I just need answers though

P.S I neeeed this info ASAP!!!!! if its not too much to ask ;D

Last edited:
Oh Claire....lol
I'm sorry, I actually don't know the answer to this. I am just a novice learning all this for the first time myself.
I'm sure someone on here knows the EXACT answer to this, however. People have been AMAZING in answering questions. It's my new favorite site ever.
lol.png

Good luck though!

I don't think it'll be a problem. I mean, when I was a kid I had banties and heavy birds together and they were fine. Some banties I've known have been pretty tough little birds and didn't take crap from anyone, including some of our very irritable buck angoras.

Mark

The banties and standards will get along fine if they are raised together. I have two little silkie hens in with several "big" hens and the Silkies rule the roost.

Your coop ideas sound fine to me. They say you should have 1.5 sq. feet per bird in the coop. I like for my hens to have as much room as I can give them in the run. Mine is 8' x 10' for 7 hens (2 banties).

I hope this helps some.

Back
Top Bottom