1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Why chickens should not help you sell printers.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by chichi56788, Sep 13, 2010.

1. chichi56788

chichi56788 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2010
    Columbia, SC
    On Saturday, my whole neighbourhood was having a garage sale. I was supposed to sit out side and sell printers...not the most fun thing to do. [​IMG] I was so bored I went out back and got my silkie then went back to the front yard. He was sitting beside me and I was brushing stuff out of his fluff and feeding him treats. Soon enough I had tones of people coming to my yard sale, but no one wanted to buy a printer. [​IMG] They just wanted to see what I was petting. People were asking me what it was and how much I was selling it for, No one could get it through their brains that it was my PET chicken. [​IMG] THEN someone came who actually wanted to buy a printer, but couldnt get around the mob of people starring at Poppycock. I finally told everyone that they needed to leave, because they were trespassing on my property. Then I ran down the street with a chicken in my arms to get the people who want to buy the printer. Then they bought it! [​IMG] When I went to put Poppycock up there were a bunch of little kids around my coop, so I shooed them off [​IMG] and sat outside my coop on a hey bale for the rest of the day. And that is why chickens should not help you sell printers.

2. ChickLover98

ChickLover98 The Chicken Princess

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Haha! I should have totally brought one of my hens to my yard sale! The kids would swoon over her!

3. chichi56788

chichi56788 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2010
    Columbia, SC
    I was flattered the first time when people kept complementing my chickens. But then it just got annoying...Haha!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by