Why did I do it?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by kvmommy, Oct 19, 2011.

1. kvmommy

kvmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2011
    Ok...i know better than to candle on day 3. I promised I wouldn't candle til day 7 or so. But here I am on day 3 and I candled a few. I have always been able to see something on day 3 on eggs this light. I couldn't see anything. I'm freaking out now. This is why I shouldn't have looked.

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Well, you can agonize and re candle on day 7. You do know that eggs which 'appear' clear on day 3 can be developing, right?

3. maybejoey

maybejoey got chickenidous?

They will be fine. I have found that it is best not to candle until day 15.

4. Melissa Rose

Melissa Rose Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    South Texas
    Hi [​IMG]
    I had two clear eggs in the last hatch one I pulled early one I left. They looked identical when I took the first one out. I left the other one because it was just so pretty. It hatched on day 21 [​IMG] . I threw away a good egg [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. kvmommy

kvmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2011
    I know it can appear clear at Day 3 even if its fine. BUT...im an insane paranoid person!!!! [​IMG] lol...i just have a hatching problem. I also have a candling problem.

6. Swissmiss989

Swissmiss989 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    Quote:Haha me too! Your not alone [​IMG]

7. silkymom1986

silkymom1986 The Silkie Villa

Sep 28, 2011
    Byhalia, MS
    I'm the same way, it's like torture!!! "Hi, my name is Paris and I am a candling addict!!!" [​IMG]

8. Melissa Rose

Aug 14, 2011
    South Texas
    Quote:Hey SilkyMom my Cj eggs are starting to show already [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. spowell

spowell Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    Rocky Point, NC
    I candled 29 eggs on day 3 and didn't see much. But today, on day 5..... most appear to be developing [​IMG] I wont celebrate to much yet. They are shipped eggs and I will surely have some quitters. I think most of us addicts are a lot alike.
    I want to know NOW [​IMG] that my eggs are happy and growing and that they are ALL going to hatch.....right? [​IMG]

10. Melissa Rose

Aug 14, 2011
    South Texas
    Quote:Sounds reasonable to meeeee [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by