why did I meddle with things !!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by poulet, Apr 20, 2008.

1. poulet

poulet Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    I have three eggs on the end of day 21 thinking they are dead I took one out candled it saw no movement took second one out saw no movement but then heard it cheeping inside.
    I put it back but now am worried that I moved it and opened the bator
    If it doesn't hatch tommorow can I break it out ?
    How much damage have I done?
    [​IMG]

2. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    If you were gentle, probably ok, but Do not break open. I haven't had eggs in bator before but I keep reading not to hatch them out and sometimes it takes a few extra days. good luck, hope some one else answers

3. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Never candle the eggs on day 21......Can always be a late hatch 22 thru 25 days....

4. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Breaking into the egg is one of the worst things you can do right now. There are no signs the chicks are struggling to hatch. If they haven't pipped they aren't ready to hatch. If they die in the shell something was wrong with them developmentally. It is something even the most experienced hatchers have to deal with.

5. poulet

poulet Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    Quote:I think I have learn't my lesson I feel really bad [​IMG] just hope there is a chance for them
    Please somone tell me not to give up hope

6. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Never give up hope that you will have a hatch...if it doesn't happen learn from your mistakes and try again...keep a journal!!....

Last edited: Apr 20, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by