Why did my thread get closed?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by whiteflare, May 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whiteflare

whiteflare Out of the blue

Mar 13, 2011
    Sydney
    I'm not trying to question moderation or anything, but I read somewhere that the poster is meant to get a PM explaining why their thread got closed?

Anyway, I was just a bit surprised, is all.

2. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I don't know, but I do know you can't post that question, because whether you intend it to or not, it essentially reopens the topic for discussion, which is strictly against the rules. You can PM a mod if you want to know why, but posting this question publicly is a no no.

3. whiteflare

whiteflare Out of the blue

Mar 13, 2011
    Sydney
    Oh, okay. It wasn't much of a topic for discussion anyway. It was one of those things that couldn't really go anywhere as far as discussion is concerned. [​IMG]

Okay. I'll leave it then, I'm just very curious.

4. KlaHaYa Gardens

KlaHaYa Gardens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    Quote:Is it also a "no no" to post the question in support and feedback?

5. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Quote:Is it also a "no no" to post the question in support and feedback?

You can't question the mods closing a thread at all on the forum, you must contact them privately.

From The Rules page:

Moderation
    BackYardChickens staff spend a TON of time and energy to keep the forum running smoothly. How BackYardChickens staff moderate is never a topic for open discussion on the forum. If you have any questions or feedback on moderation it should be addressed to the Administrator or the specific moderator via email or private message.
    * Do not post threads questioning moderation.
    * If a topic is closed or removed do not, under any circumstances, re-post the same topic or material. If you have any questions as to why a thread was closed or removed please contact a BackYardChickens staff member.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by