1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Why did the chicken cross the road? You read why

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Acre of Blessings, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
  2. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    LOL..Well, thank goodness he didn't get far!!....

3. Ladysonja

Ladysonja Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Porter, Texas
    I love small town stories... Although at the same time, it is kinda sad that someone would attempt to steal his 400 lb metal chicken for kicks...

My Grandmum and Aunt have lived in the same town for many years... everyone knows them and they know everyone in a little town in North Dakota... I think everyone knows they have kin-folk in Texas...

The last time I visited for my grandmum's 80th birthday, DH & I read the town's paper and every little bit of news was printed in that paper. So and so's cow gave birth to twins (proud owner of bessy), so and so's was pulled over for a minor traffic in fraction on the corner of ... The weird thing is it gave "so & so's" full name and address regardless of what was printed...

Since my husband, I and our 8 lb Chicuahua made the 1500+ mile trip on a Goldwing Motorcycle, we were certain we would make the local paper.

Considering the previously printed columns and articles written, we apparently didn't stir up enough interest... I guess we didn't make enough noise or a scene to be noticed...

I still laugh when I see articles like this and think we could have made the paper if were just a bit more colorful.

[​IMG]

4. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    Now, if it had been a 40 lb. Chiuahua you might have made the paper. [​IMG]

5. Ladysonja

Ladysonja Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Porter, Texas
    This was posted on Friday 08Aug08... My local news channel must of had a slow news day because this story was shown today...

I cracked up laughing... I didn't see it on the news first, I saw it on BYC first - [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by