1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Why Did The Chickens Cross The Road?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Louieandthecrew, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Louieandthecrew

Louieandthecrew I am actually a female!

Why DID the chicken cross the road? Well, it depends. Because if it was my rooster, it was to be with me! (Picture will be posted in a moment.)

Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
  2. Louieandthecrew

Picture will be posted momentarily!

3. thebritt

thebritt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Humboldt County
    [​IMG]

4. Louieandthecrew

Well I guess I just brought up your hopes and dreams then crushed them, because the picture is unwilling to download!

5. silkieroo

silkieroo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Durham NH
    [​IMG] ... can we hear the story??

6. Louieandthecrew

Quote:Why of course! I went out to the coop to let the chickens out for a couple minutes because they very rarely get to "escape" the coop and roam around in the grass. So I went and sat on the other side of the road so I could be sure to see them all at once, and suddenly my little rooster came strutting accross the road so that he could eat by ME instead of the others.
    End The!

7. PepsNick

PepsNick Back to Business

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    Quote:Why of course! I went out to the coop to let the chickens out for a couple minutes because they very rarely get to "escape" the coop and roam around in the grass. So I went and sat on the other side of the road so I could be sure to see them all at once, and suddenly my little rooster came strutting accross the road so that he could eat by ME instead of the others.
    End The!

[​IMG] Adorable! [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. scbatz33

scbatz33 No Vacancy, Belfry Full

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    The chicken crossed the road to demonstrate proficiency standard 3.1 of the Barnyard Poultry Standards of Competence which requires all mobile egg laying fowl to achieve mastery of independent locomotion and orienteering in unfamiliar surroundings.

9. GeneJordan

GeneJordan Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2011
    Arnaudville, La
    Quote:[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Louieandthecrew

End The!

[​IMG] Adorable! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Why thank you!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by