why did the post office lady say this?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by chickenbottom, Jan 10, 2009.

1. chickenbottom

chickenbottom Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    alright i have a shipment of peeps coming in from ideal next week they will be shipped on the 14th which is wednesday. and will be here either the 15th or 16th and she said well usually they come in three or four days and we hold em over the weekend then we bring em to ya.. and then i said back to her listen lady i dont mean to be rude no actually i do when my chicks arrive i need a phone call day or night doesnt matter the hour they will die if you let them sit here over the weekend they need attention as soon as they arrive it just baffled me [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Mesa

Mesa Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2008
    New Mexico
    Wow I have no clue why she'd say that! I'd tell her she will be responsible for the cost of the chicks if they hold them over the weekend and they all die.

3. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    Oh My! I have never heard of that!!! [​IMG]
    Does she think they are like camels and can go days at a time without food or water? [​IMG]

4. chickenbottom

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    i have no clue it just really shocked me and if any do die they will pay for it.

5. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    I hope you got the idiots name! I also hope your babies are ok when you get them [​IMG]

6. chickenbottom

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    my girls should get here nice and healthy and without that woman trying to keep em over the weekend

7. chickenbottom

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    ya i got her name i asked for her pen so i could write it down lol

8. katrinag

katrinag Chillin' With My Peeps

I would aks to speak to the head post master and MAKE SURE you express that they can not be held over.

9. chickenpiedpiper

chickenpiedpiper Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2008
    New Durham NH
    Quote:absolutely ask for your post master, they are generally good people, and dont want the liability of chicks in thier office anyways! Sounds like your person was a bit on the uninformed side? (being polite here)

Good Luck!

10. jvls1942

jvls1942 Overrun With Chickens

Oct 16, 2008
    wausau,wisconsin
    our post office calls imediately and we have to go pick them up..

which is the way I prefer it.. It is about a 20 mile one way drive..

any dead chicks at the post office are replaed by the hatchery sending them..

either way, picked up or delivered..
    open the box immdiately in front of the postal worker and look for dead or weak chicks.. If you find any, point it out to the postal worker.. they become unwilling witness.. also get their name..

If you fail to do this, you will not get a refund.. simple as that.. now is not the time to be bashful..

I had 37 out of 100 arrive dead in my last order.. I followed these steps and there was no problem getting them replaced..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by