why did this happen?

Lisa0318

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 30, 2011
Phoenix AZ
hit.gif
I just came back from my broody silkies nest with one egg that had a small hole on it and i candeld it and no movement then i opened it very carefully and there was a deformed chick inside , it just seems like a big pice of meat with lil feet. I gues this explains why they didnt hatch on day 21 today was day 28 for these four silkie eggs.
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
. why did this happen ? has anyone gone threw the same situation? im just so heart broken right now.
hit.gif
hit.gif

I dont know why this happent,but probably something wrong in the incubating progress killed them.

Was this your first incubation? i incubated once, 3 eggs, 1 lived and the 2 others hatched but they were both crippled and died 1 and 3 days later in my case my humidity was low in the first days, and the thing under the shell got dry and thicker and that was my issue.

The other chicken lived. I enjoyed its life so much, it died few hours ago!! It just got sick and died in 2 days

RIP 14 February - 31 August 2011

I wish you good luck with your next hatch, dont worry you will get over it, dont stop trying and get new eggs in the incubator after making sure the temperature and humidity controls are correct. I use 3 different temperature and humidity counters.

Quote:
Awww im sorry to hear u lost your chicken, but i have 2 broody silkies and the first hen that went broody is the one that had this lil egg like this, do you think its because its too hot out here in Phoenix AZ? the temps get up to 115 out here. I dont have a incubater because i have heard that hens are good brooders. This is my first try and also first time for my two silkie hens, The eggs are there own eggs too. Thank you tho for the info.

it is hard to lose eggs, sorry to hear that.

temp was possibly the biggest factor. I lost eggs when my incubator got turned up unintentionally. any temp over 100 is dangerous. low temp will extend incubation period but high temp kills.

try moving them to a cooler area or run a fan in the coop

good luck, success will come in time, Bugg

Back
Top Bottom