Why did you join Backyard Chickens?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by farm316, Aug 14, 2014.

1. farm316

farm316 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2014
    Why did you all join Backyard chickens??

Do you have a reason for joining BYC? There are tons of other forums like BYC but why did you pick this site and this forum??

2. WeBeCluckin

WeBeCluckin Out Of The Brooder

Aug 4, 2014
    Spokane Wa
    I joined because just about everything I googled that was chicken, duck, goose related brought me to this site!! All the members here have been my guides to raising chickens over the past year and a half and I am so thankful to have such a great resource available. Or maybe it's because the cute chicken BYC logo! Why'd you join?

3. farm316

farm316 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2014
    same reason lol! Everything i searched on google brought me here... I knew i needed more information and needed to post more for more questions so I said "To heck with it! It won't hurt me at all!" And here I am And I love it:)

4. Quackers Mama

Quackers Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2014
    Houston, TX
    Ditto that! Lol, took me about a few days of lurking to finally join. :)

5. DUCKOBSESSED

DUCKOBSESSED Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2013
    Northern Wisconsin
    Same! I lurked for about a year before i joined. lol

6. Alice28

Alice28 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2014
    Same as everyone else. I was trying to decide between chickens and ducks.... well really I wanted ducks and lucky for me all my research showed they were a better fit so sold my husband on it ;) Then we had to decide on breed. Every breed I googled and all my chicken vs duck research this was always within the first three sites, if not the first! It also always had WAY more info then any other site. Then a two months before we got are ducks I joined and used all the info to make sure I did everything I needed to make sure I would have happy ducklings. Long post.... Sorry! Lol

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
  7. Quackers Mama

Quackers Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2014
    Houston, TX

Lmao, being half awake I first read it that you sold your husband for ducks. How many ducks did you get for him? ;)

8. Alice28

Alice28 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2014
    Lol! Well I might have done that if we had more land, we only have three ducks (live in town) so wouldn't be a good trade at this point in time. Lol!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by