Why didn't duck people warn me?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by heatherindeskies, Jul 20, 2011.

1. heatherindeskies

heatherindeskies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2010
    SE Minnesota
    Why wasn't I warned about the amazing feeling of peace and joy I would have as I watched my first ever batch of ducklings (five) go on their first swim with momma? words cannot even describe how I felt! On a cuteness scale of 1 to 10 they are 27 for sure.
    Woo Hoo!!!!

2. M@M@2four

[email protected]@2four Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    USA
    It's stinkin' adorable, right?! I know...watching them dunk under the water and swim and those cute little webbed feet. I think ducklings are cuter than chicks! I just LOVE them!!! [​IMG]

3. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    These sort of posts make me want to get ducks...but then again people say they are kind of smelly [​IMG] So hubby says NO way! That would be SO adorable though! [​IMG]

4. heatherindeskies

May 23, 2010
    SE Minnesota
    [email protected]@2four :

It's stinkin' adorable, right?! I know...watching them dunk under the water and swim and those cute little webbed feet. I think ducklings are cuter than chicks! I just LOVE them!!! [​IMG]

I was amazed they felt comfortable enough to dive the first time out. i couldn't choose between chicks or ducklings though, at the moment!​

5. Silkie Sue

Silkie Sue Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2007
    Sarnia, Ontario
    [​IMG]
    I know the feeling.... [​IMG]
    my husband built a " kiddie pool" for my week old babies who have not made it far enough from the barn yet to go for a swim
    they were jumpin in and out and zoomin around under the water..... [​IMG]
    IT IS AWESOME !!!!!

6. heatherindeskies

May 23, 2010
    SE Minnesota
    Quote:I don't think they are any smellier than chickens, but messier for sure. They dabble in water and get their feed wet and then drip all over everything which is a strike against them as pets. If not cleaned up after often, the wet feed and wet droppings can smell.

7. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    Ducks are not smelly if you keep them clean. The smaller their pen, the more often you need to clean.

8. whitechicken

whitechicken Out Of The Brooder

Nov 18, 2008
    Now your hooked, and why i have over a hunderd of the little darlings LOL

9. Funsizeracing

Funsizeracing Out Of The Brooder

Mar 10, 2011
    Quote:Ducks are smelly if you keep them clean! When mine were babies I had two living inside a 4ft brooder pen. Even cleaning it out twice a day they still smelled bad. Totally worth it though, I just love them to death [​IMG]

10. bayyjayy

bayyjayy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    Utah
    Quote:Over a HUNDRED?!?!?!? Would LOVE to see a picture. Wow...and I thought I was bad wanting to get more and get myself up to the twenties!! LOL. A hundred.....wow!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by