why didn't I bookmark the page?!?!? pics of ventilation and windows

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by melloladies, Jan 15, 2011.

1. melloladies

melloladies Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Merritt Island
    While browsing this site about 2 months ago, I found a coop that had short wide windows at the top of the coop for ventilation. They were hinged at the top and were controlled by chain attatched to the roof with a cup hook. The coop also had a vintage or old window that propped open with a stick which folded up in order to close the window. Both are exactly what I'd like to duplicate... and I CANNOT find the silly page!!!
    Anybody know what I'm talking about???

2. BooBear

BooBear Chicken Cuddler

Oct 7, 2010
    Conroe, Texas
    No sorry.
    bump in case someone else seen it.

3. medtec113

medtec113 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2010
    Alabama
    Dont know if this helps but here is a youtube vid. If the likn doesnt work, search grandpa chicken coop.

4. melloladies

Apr 28, 2010
    Merritt Island
    thanks guys, that helped some- not what I was looking for, but It'll get me started. Man, am I kickin myself!

5. bburn

bburn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2010
    Delaware, Arkansas
    So, if you want to bookmark a page do you just bookmark in your favorites on your computer or is there a place here on the website? Always wondered.....

6. Yellow Snow

Yellow Snow Out Of The Brooder

Jan 4, 2011
  7. melloladies

Apr 28, 2010
    Merritt Island
    yes, I just bookmark it to my favorites-
    Thanks yellow snow!!! I just found the thread, and wanted to post it back here- only to find that you had found it 20 minutes before I did [​IMG] Alls well that ends well, huh?

Thanks to everyone!! Off to the Depot for supplies!

8. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

That is a great coop with convenient, well thought out features, particularly if you are also in a warm weather climate. Even if not, it could certainly be adapted for very cold weather. Have fun building!

9. Yellow Snow

Yellow Snow Out Of The Brooder

Jan 4, 2011
    I've been referring to that design while designing my own coop too. Lots of great ideas to draw from!

10. melloladies

Apr 28, 2010
    Merritt Island
    [​IMG]
    this is my coop- copied from a few of the other fabulous designs in the coop section [​IMG]
    Trying to conserve plywood led us to having those two small windows on the side, which serve as vents- but I'd like to cover them up for the rain- and the window up front lets a ton of water in too when it rains. It's funny- we built this like 4 months ago in the middle of a dry spell and the first time it rained we were like "oh, crap! We forgot about water getting in!"

whoops [​IMG] trying to fix that now...we've just been stapleing plastic to the windows if it's going to rain. [​IMG] Now THAT's classy!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by