Why DIdn't Someone Warn Me? :)

wildpeas

Songster
7 Years
Mar 18, 2012
Port Orchard, Wa
I can't believe how addicting it is to have ducklings! We have scrapped our plans to get some geese and are now probably going to pick up 3 more Runners on April 4.
big_smile.png
It's a good thing my duck house is already framed up and roofed thus limiting me on the total I can have. lol

I wish I was warned as well. But it is a little different for me I want 3 ducks, 2 hens 1 rooster, and 3 geese. Yeah my boyfriend isnt to pleased but he is going to let it happen. Once I got my girls everything else just fell into place we were already going to get chickens but I want geese so bad now after having my girls!

The "bad" news is, it doesn't go away when they grow up...you just want more, and more, and one of that breed, and one of that, .....thank God for limited size of duck houses and husbands...or our 4 turned to 6 (the first 4 were straight run and 75 percent drakes) would turn to 60! I still want more, and chickens too, and some geese, and....LOL

I went to the feed store a few weeks ago to get seed potatoes. Told hubby they had gotten chicks in. He came home that afternoon and said, "where are they?" They sold out before I got there.

They haven't gotten any ducklings in, .....yet!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom