why do dog's do this

chilling in muscadine

{ I love being disfunctual }
11 Years
Jun 8, 2008
muscadine, al.
Why is it that everytime I come into the house after walking in my yard checking on my chicken's that I have 2 dog's trying to lick the bottom's of my shoe's. This goes on forever it seem's like. Here I am trying to clean my house [dog's tongue on shoe], wash dishes [dog's tongue on shoe], vacuum [dog's tongue on shoe], watch T. V. [dog's tongue on shoe], get online [dog's tongue on shoe], talk on the phone [dog's tongue on shoe]. You get the picture. I try explaining very nicely that I could get my work done a whole lot faster if they would stop. To my surprise, they don't stop. If I take my shoe's off they will chew them up. WHAT'S UP WITH THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
idunno.gif
Anybody else have this problem?
somad.gif
PEACE

The bottom of your shoes taste like chicken poop? Dogs are seriously gross animals. My St. Bernard loves to visit my parents' house in the winter when he can go out to the horse pasture and get some "poopsicles".... Gross.

I have a problem with my dogs wanting to eat chicken poop, horse poop, rabbit poop, cow poop, you name it. If it is poop, they act like it's a delicacy!!! And pet supply companies want to try to sell me a water dish that FILTERS their water??? UGH:barnie

They do it cause dogs are just gross!
big_smile.png

My dog does the same thing. Or , if I'm wearing pants ( as opposed to shorts) She'll try to lick the bottom of my pants.
She also likes to eat the treasures they leave behind - and I'm NOT talking about eggs.
You might just have to leave the shoes outside the door.

:frowYes wisconsinchick I wear my shoe's in the house. I don't have any other work shoe's to wear because my dog's chewed them up. The dog's are pitbull and blue heeler mix. They are 9 month's old and I have there sister and mother in the house too but they don't lick my shoe's. There dad and brother are outside and they don't lick my shoe's either. I was thinking it maybe was a sigh of affection. I have other dog's in the house too and they don't perform this behavior. It's really funny because these dog's have the longest tongues. Maybe one day I'll step on there tongues [oop's]. lol I know all about dog's being gross because I have one dog that goes over to my neighbor's cow pasture and roll's in cow patty's then she come's home and can't figure out why I want let her in the house. She alway's look's so proud of herself too. Maybe the dog's will outgrow there fettish with my shoe's. Thank's for all the responces.

Back
Top Bottom