Why do I have to name that chicken!?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by I have WHAT in my yard?, Sep 12, 2010.

1. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    DH was laughing at me yesterday. No longer do I see chickens on TV. I saw a commercial for a carpet cleaning company with chickens! I spotted Barred rocks, I didn't see it long enough to see more.

DH howled. [​IMG] I don't see chickens I see breeds of chickens. iCarly used a Buff Orpington on a recent episode! [​IMG] See what you've done??!!!!

2. missourichickenmama

missourichickenmama SURPRISE!

Jul 17, 2008
    Missouri
    I do this ALL the TIME! Every time I see a chicken on TV, I have to identify it. Mom and dad ask me what kind of chicken is on TV whenever they see one [​IMG]

3. Scoop

Scoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2009
    Central PA
    Oh my gosh! You have to dig up old episodes of The Real McCoys! You will be in chicken heaven when grandpa and Luke or Papino are in the henhouse! I can't understand how the chickens are so calm! Sometimes they show the nesting boxes full - a hen in each one. I wonder how they did it! I have a bunch of tapes that were recorded years ago and I'll never get tired of watching them! [​IMG]

4. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Kesha has a white showgirl in her music video "Your love is my drug" [​IMG]

5. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    Quote:Yeah I saw that!! I wasn't sure what the breed was!! [​IMG] I gotta dig up those real mccoy episodes!! [​IMG]

6. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

hahaha

Amazing how often I see chickens (and/or specific breeds) in TV and movies. The family loves to call them out when they see them!

7. Muggsmagee

Muggsmagee Menagerie Mama

Dec 15, 2009
    Central NY
    I have WHAT in my yard? :

DH was laughing at me yesterday. No longer do I see chickens on TV. I saw a commercial for a carpet cleaning company with chickens! I spotted Barred rocks, I didn't see it long enough to see more.

DH howled. [​IMG] I don't see chickens I see breeds of chickens. iCarly used a Buff Orpington on a recent episode! [​IMG] See what you've done??!!!!

Agreed! The 1-800 Cleaners commercial? It has alpacas in it, too...I told my DH that is going to be our house soon! ( I don't want to deal with frozen waterers.) I keep seeing a dominique, though...is it a BR?

Also, I am seeing crows in various yards, and think their chickens have gotten out!​

8. Cowgirl71

Cowgirl71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Missouri Ozarks
    Ha Ha! I was just watching an old episode of "MacGyver" last night with my family. In the background there were some chickens, and my eyes went straight to them for a split second. I missed a crucial closeup of MacGyver setting some kind of a trap. Oh well. Atleast I know there were Barred Rock and Rhode Island Reds in the background! I don't know how he made the explosion, but there was one rooster and the rest hens, LOL. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by