Ordering chicks. A couple weeks ago DH and I discussed my plan for adding some spring chicks. I really need more laying hens to keep up with my egg orders. I can't afford a new coop until my jeep is paid off in Sept., but we paid DH's jeep off the other day so, amongst other things, we can afford to feed and care for more hens. There's some room available in my current coop where the new chicks can live until we get them their own coop. So, we agreed that I should order 12 chicks. I wanted 9, but DH bumped it up to 12 saying I might lose some. I have the green flag to order more chicks. I plan to ask for delivery in early May, so there's plenty of time to prepare for them and with warmer weather they won't have to be in a brooder for that long before they can go in the coop. We'll have a seperate area for them in the coop to protect them for the vultures (my brahmas) and a protected play yard for them outside. Yet, I keep putting off ordering them. Ideal emailed this morning to let me know a breed I was interested in will be available. I keep telling myself that it's because I can't decide for sure on breeds. Then I tell myself that I need to get the new puppy home and squared away before I worry about ordering chicks. Nothing is going to change if I order chicks right now, except that the breeds I want will be reserved. I just don't understand it. Last time I ordered chicks I was all gungho.