Why do most of your EEs have red coloring?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by mrbstephens, Sep 9, 2009.

1. mrbstephens

mrbstephens Chillin' With My Peeps

I've seen some beautiful EEs on here and most of them seem to have red coloring. Mine are black and white and one has a little brown coloring. What's up with that?

Alma:

[​IMG]

Johanna:

[​IMG]

2. TK Poultry

TK Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
  3. mrbstephens

mrbstephens Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:You have some beauties! Any guesses as to which breed chickens could have make mine? Alma is the only one laying and it's a very light brown to cream colored egg.

4. TK Poultry

TK Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    i have no clue i really like yours actually i would pay to have 'em but im now into right now the EE's w/ feathered feet i especially like Alma of yours she looks like a grey version of my mongoose

5. tadkerson

tadkerson Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2008
    Missouri
    Your birds carry the sex linked silver gene and are columbian restricted. Red birds carry the sex linked gold gene, most likely mahogany and are columbian restricted.

Tim

6. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Only my EE rooster has 1 red feather and that is it.

7. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    You have some beauties! Any guesses as to which breed chickens could have make mine? Alma is the only one laying and it's a very light brown to cream colored egg.

Sure looks like Light Brahma- minus the leg feathering.​

8. HBuehler

HBuehler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2009
    Lebanon TN
    I have some of the red based. My daughter just hatched out a yellow and black specked one that is feathering cream and black with a little brown in the wings as well. These are the favorites though when people come out to see the chickens.We have 5 in these color patterns including a rumpless.My EE Rooster has no brown anyplace
    [​IMG][​IMG]

9. becky3086

becky3086 Crested Crazy

Oct 14, 2008
    Thomson, GA
    I really like that one in your first picture HBeuhler. Very pretty. I myself have one like the first picture but she is getting a lot more black now, some white ones, blue ones and a red one.

10. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Quote:Me too!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by