Why do my buff silkie chicks? ( Pics added)

Teresaann24

Songster
11 Years
Jul 29, 2008
Eastern, Kentucky
Have yellow on their combs? They are a little over a week old and I noticed while doing an over all check on them that where their combs would be is yellow looking not a bright yellow but yellow looking.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
from what I have gathered about silikies it is because they aer possessed and getting you to look at them closer so they can take over your mind...I have no idea but felt like irritating folks

I noticed the buff silkies I got from Ideal had lighter skin as chicks. As they grew it darkened except for one roo. He got a nice bright red comb. I found him one morning dead for no reason. I started with 3 and am down to 2. None of them had vaulted heads or beards.

Yes, a pic would be good if you could post one, I would also like to see what you are talking about !!

Give me one quick secound to take some and upload them.
I hope I can get a good pic from far away u can't see it its only on closely looking can I see this.

This is the best 2 pics I could get of it if you look good enough on the comb area you can see the stuff on the comb that is like a yellowish color??

c1-1.jpg

c2-1.jpg

here is all 3 of them dont worry about the red stuff..LOL when i checked out my brooder before i got the chicks i had a themomenter in there to read the temps and it busted on me..LOL
SDC11291.jpg

SDC11292.jpg

SDC11297.jpg

SDC11298.jpg

SDC11299.jpg

Teresa,
I won't get time until next week to take pics, but I will post them for you to see how yours will turn out. (I am about to have a house full again for the weekend. Sigh) Of all the silkies we got from Ideal the buffs are my least favorite. I love the reds we got. The Partridge are wonderful and then the Blue/Black ones are pretty nice. We have one older grey one that is really cool looking and sweet to boot.

I do remember that the lightest comb one was the one roo we lost and he turned bright red in the comb as he got older.

Back
Top Bottom