why do my chicken vibrate

marwaejaz

In the Brooder
Apr 11, 2017
My chick is about 2-3 weeks old...nd sometime i notice tht when they are sitting...they shake a lot...i dont know if they shake or vibrate...but its really hard shake....i dont know why they do so....its usually or mostly happens when they are placed on cloth....they sit on cloth and do this shake....i dont feel good seeing them...please tell me what is it?? Its not like shivering...its something else

No...not feathuer bluffing...i am not able to explain ....they are king of jumping in a sitting position..

Can you post a video?..."sometimes", how often is that? Do they act normal otherwise, eat, drink, move around normally?

Last edited:
You probably can't post video until you have a few more posts
welcome-byc.gif

They might be nervous or cold or itchy... Their reflexes get going when they're handled young like that, almost like they want to jump out of their skin. Or they might be cold or itchy from new feathers growing in, getting rid of the chick down.

Being placed on the cloth sounds like what's doing it. I would say they're probably nervous. Are they alone when you put them on the cloth, or do you put the whole group on it at the same time?

I have to 2 chicks..and i put both of them together...nd i dont think so theu feel cold cuz its not at all cold in there....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom