Why do people have to be so...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Bettacreek, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    I can't even think of a word that would cover what these neighbors are.
    Anyways, I have a small car (Suzuki Reno, front wheel drive, VERY light) that doesn't do well in snowy weather. Our back driveway to get to our parking lot is garbage. I mean, I lived on the mountains on DIRT roads that weren't plowed, and I could manage the mountains better than this. It doesn't help that to connect to the alley way, you have to drive up a slope (about 45 degrees or so, I'm bad at estimating) and you cannot see if someone is driving on the alleyway until you're basically up it, and they cannot see you. So, if this all turns to ice, we park out front on the borough street. We did this last year as well, without any problems. Unfortunately, about a month or two ago, I started being harassed for it. I was called lazy (because I wouldn't shovel my driveway, which the landlord is supposed to do, but can't because of the layout of the driveway, which he cannot change because the driveway part isn't actually HIS land), and I had some woman in my face, plus two notes, I was cussed at, and I had chew spit on my windshield two or three times. Cops couldn't do anything about it, because I didn't have proof. Now, being pregnant and due in early April, plus having to tote a toddler around (he was a year in late November), I prefer to be able to park NEAR my place. If I have to park across the street, I do it without saying anything, but, especially in the cold, I just don't want to wait for traffic and let my son get cold, plus, he's HEAVY and doesn't walk (he does inside, but not outside, and there's no way in heck that he'd be able to actually walk across a street or anything like that). Anyways, like I said, if I HAVE to park across the street, I do, and I don't complain. However, these people actually want me to park over there so that they can park right in front of their building. They really expect me to cart my big belly and my son across the street, just to accomodate them. If we're parked there, and leave, they'll actually take the time to move one of their vehicles into the spot we were at, just so that we can't park there. These are people who are about 35ish, and they can't walk their butts across the street without throwing a baby fit.

Took this picture tonight:
    [​IMG]

The orange car (the itty bitty thing up there) is mine, it was parked there since yesterday, and the other neighbor was behind me. Then the dork in the white truck pulled his truck up about 12 inches off of my bumper, and left that much space behind him, JUST to be an ass. I'm just frustrated and would love for him and his wife to understand that they do NOT own the borough street, and I'm so sick and tired of them harassing me over something so juvenile and stupid.

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Question: is it legal to park on the street there?

3. Bettacreek

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Yes, it's a public/borough street, meaning that anybody and their brother can park there, because everyone and their brother pay to have these roads maintained.

Oh, I see what you mean... Yes, we're allowed to park there, there's even a handicap parking spot. We just have to be within the yellow lines. There's a red van behind the white truck that never moves, so as long as we're in front of him and not in the handicap, it's perfectly legal.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  4. debilorrah

In that case, I would consider this harrassment from your neighbors. If you are sure who it is, make sure you report every incident. Especially being preggers with a small child. How rude can people be?????

5. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    When I was in Milwaukee, you couldn't park on the street at night. It's against the law here too. You have to be in a driveway.

If they are parked so you can't move, you call a police officer, every time. they can be cited for that.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  6. debilorrah

Mahonri, it IS legal where she is......

7. Bettacreek

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Yeah, some places have no parking during certain hours and such, but our street doesn't have any rules, besides not parking at a yellow curb (on the corners) and no parking in the handicap. We aren't doing anything wrong, and it's not like I'm asking them to treat us special and reserve a place for us, I'm just wanting to not be treated like garbage. [​IMG]

8. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Next time or now, as soon as you see them block you in, call the police tell them what has happened, you are pregnant and having pains and can't get your car out.

9. willowcol

willowcol Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Macclesfield NC
    I would call and report everytime he pulls up so close like that to try and block you in. Also I would ask about the handicapped spots. In NC and alot of other states they have special Handicapped parking passes for pregnant women. Maybe you could get one, that would really make them mad, lol.

10. tazcat70

tazcat70 I must be crazy!

I think I would call for every incident that happened. This is basically a domestic type dispute at this point and they can get UGLY really fast! Better safe than sorry!

Also, if the red van never moves, could it be towed? The reason i ask is because if a vehicle isn't tagged, or doesn't move, it is considered an eyesore and is towed by the city.

Can you get a handicap sticker for your pregnancy? That would really irk em...sorry that was that little horned fellow on my shoulder. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by