Why do people just show up your house?

Steve_of_sandspoultry

Crowing
10 Years
Apr 4, 2009
Eastern North Carolina
Yes we raise and sell poultry, we advertise in the local "for sale paper" and craigslist about 8 months a year-ish and we sell from the farm. Just a little background, our property is a ways off the paved road. You have to drive thru a farmers field just to get to where our property starts. You can't even see our house from the road. We did that for a reason.
smile.png

When people contact us we always tell them to call before you come over so we can put the dogs up. When you say dogs most (about 98%) get it and call first. We have 4 large dogs and one happens to be one of those vicious, evil, baby eating, people mauling pit bulls named Lucky. But that's another story. Anyway, it seems some people think that after they make a purchase they can just show up whenever they want and it drives me crazy. So they pull up and the dogs are running all around the car barking and going nuts and start beeping the horn which makes the dogs go even more wild. Then you just get a blank look from them when you ask "what part of call first didn't you understand?"

I guess I need to put up a gate huh?

Steve

ugg that would upset me. I think a gate might not be a bad idea. Maybe one at the very begining of your road/driveway with a sign. Good Luck!

And all along I thought I had a toe licking, bellyrub begging, bunny nuzzling, groveling pit. HUH. You learn new things everyday!
lol.png

Theres a "crossing" sign at a store down here that might be appropriate for your driveway.... its not exactly PC, pm me for a good laugh
big_smile.png

get a fence, or a no trespassing sign?

I imagine a series of signs... you know like those ones that say 10 miles to ____ and then 5 miles to ___ and so on...

If You Commit A Crime You Are A Criminal.

We Shoot Criminals On Sight To Keep Our Property and Lives Whole.

Did You Know Trespassing Is A Crime?

We Do.

Aren't long driveways handy?

Back
Top Bottom