1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Why do people think silkies are evil?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by RW19290, Nov 30, 2008.

1. RW19290

RW19290 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    Southern California
    I just don't get it????? [​IMG] They seem fine to me![​IMG]

2. greyfields

greyfields Overrun With Chickens

Mar 15, 2007
    Washington State
    Because Silkiechicken is evil and she keeps them.

3. momofdrew

momofdrew Chillin' With My Peeps

I don't know either but I have seen some posts on here that say silkies are evil....My silkies are beautiful... and friendly... and cute....and cuddly...and...well you get the pic...course I only have silkies... [​IMG]

4. sewincircle

sewincircle Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    Central New York
    I do love the Silkies!!! [​IMG] I do not find the evil.
    Perhaps a little mysterious...you cant see their eyes!

5. andehens

andehens Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2008
    Scenic Sierra Nevadas
    I've seen it written that they can steal your soul, I'm thinking that after they steal it, they must do nefarious things with it, like cause addictions that would involve doing anything to get one more fix of silkie.

6. Silkies are one of the evilist chickens around. They steal your heart.
    Gotta love those evil silkies.

7. greyfields

greyfields Overrun With Chickens

Mar 15, 2007
    Washington State
    Quote:[​IMG]

8. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Quote:Yes, Silkies are incredibly evil. Once you see one, you will do anything in your power to possess one just like it. Then you will find out that they come in different colors... Before you know it, your coop will be overrun with Silkie chickens. It stands to reason that Silkies must have nefarious designs on the human race: they want us to hatch out more and more of their kind so that they can take over the planet in a giant Silkie Army.

(Really, though, it's just a goofy forum in-joke, though anyone on BYC can be "in" on it. [​IMG] [​IMG]).

9. Buster

Buster Back to Work

They are very evil- I don't even like them and must keep acquiring more. They just take over.

10. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Quote:Yes, Silkies are incredibly evil. Once you see one, you will do anything in your power to possess one just like it. Then you will find out that they come in different colors... Before you know it, your coop will be overrun with Silkie chickens. It stands to reason that Silkies must have nefarious designs on the human race: they want us to hatch out more and more of their kind so that they can take over the planet in a giant Silkie Army.

(Really, though, it's just a goofy forum in-joke, though anyone on BYC can be "in" on it. [​IMG] [​IMG]).

Yup, that's it. They are using us as a kind of "host" to reproduce.
    They control you with there mind control powers and sometimes
    cute fuzzy looks. I've been warning people for some time but most
    of the poeple who listen just get more silkies. I just got a Red Silkie
    pair today.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by