1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Why do they eat so much? pics

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Steve_of_sandspoultry, Jul 17, 2010.

1. I made a feed run yesterday, the feedmill guy is always happy to see me. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Steve

2. Holey Burlap Feed Bags Batman!

Just what all is in there (I do notice 2 bun bags) and who all (#) is that feeding... and for how long?

3. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    I finally had to start purchasing in bulk at my feed store.. Lucky for me the guy is awesome and gives me a huge discount...

4. kbeagle

kbeagle CHICKEN AND QUAIL LADY

Hooray, at least i am not alone here that buys a bulk of feed. lol................

5. ADozenGirlz

ADozenGirlz The Chicken Chick[IMG]emojione/assets/png/00ae.png

Oct 18, 2009
    Connecticut
    Holy COW! [​IMG] How many critters are you feeding with all of that?!

6. It's 2500 pounds of chicken feed, 2 or 3 hundred pound bags of whole corn and the rabbit feed.

Just off the top of my head there is about 250 birds out there..... ish. Lasts about 3 weeks

Steve

Last edited: Jul 17, 2010
  7. ADozenGirlz

ADozenGirlz The Chicken Chick[IMG]emojione/assets/png/00ae.png

Oct 18, 2009
    Connecticut
    Quote:Wow. Just wow.

8. It give us something to do in our free time. [​IMG]

Oh ya and taking care of that many birds and all the chores that go with it makes you sleep very well at night. Some people call it exhaustion.

Steve

9. Wow....just wow. Thats alot of chickens and alot of food. So 250 chickens going through 2500 lbs of food in 3 weeks - they go through 10 #'s of food each in 3 weeks? WOW. the math just kills me

edited to fix my brain fart on math lmao

Last edited: Jul 17, 2010
  10. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:10lbs each in 3 weeks [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: