Why do they seem to be starving?

dianefbarfield

Chirping
Apr 15, 2022
My 11 layers have unlimited pellets. Every day they get a handful of meal worms, grit, oyster shell, Crack corn, and any leftovers from our day (we cook fresh food every day, I grind up the cuttings and peels from veggies as well as egg shells, the cores of cabbage, etc.). They have a huge run in which they scratch all day. They also get grass clippings every time we mow. Still they act like they jave never been fed, begging when I go into the run, jostling and squawking. Is this normal?

My 11 layers have unlimited pellets. Every day they get a handful of meal worms, grit, oyster shell, Crack corn, and any leftovers from our day (we cook fresh food every day, I grind up the cuttings and peels from veggies as well as egg shells, the cores of cabbage, etc.). They have a huge run in which they scratch all day. They also get grass clippings every time we mow. Still they act like they jave never been fed, begging when I go into the run, jostling and squawking. Is this normal?
They sound spoiled and just expect treats
My ducks are the same way
I can’t open any of my house doors without them running to the house expecting a treat :)

Back
Top Bottom