1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Why do we do this to each other?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by moodusnewchick, Jul 20, 2008.

1. moodusnewchick

moodusnewchick Songster

Feb 15, 2008
    CT
    So, I was going to Perfectly Polish's to help build a coop and get help processing my fatties. What do I come home with? FIVE more active fatties to raise, Beaker--the strange beaked Silkie, two Polish? to raise for my friend and the friend went home with two easter eggers!!! And I just put away the brooding lamp and all that good stuff. And to think PP and PC want me to take more meaties!!!! AGH

2. perfectly_polish

perfectly_polish Crowing

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    Keep me updated on little Beaker, I hope he gets better. You know you'll want more fatty mcpatties in 2 weeks [​IMG]

3. moodusnewchick

moodusnewchick Songster

Feb 15, 2008
    CT
    You know, if i can set up more run space, perhaps I can THINK about it.

4. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Songster

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Quote:LOL, some of us came away emptied handed. Tried to sneak the heeler pup out but got caught. Oh well.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2008
  5. moodusnewchick

moodusnewchick Songster

Feb 15, 2008
    CT
    Some of us have strong willed DH's!!

6. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Songster

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Quote:Oh sure, give him all the credit! (it does help but it is nice to have a house with no birds in it-till next year anyway!)

7. perfectly_polish

perfectly_polish Crowing

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    Quote:Oh sure, give him all the credit! (it does help but it is nice to have a house with no birds in it-till next year anyway!)

They could stay here until they're feathered [​IMG]

8. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Songster

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT

They could stay here until they're feathered [​IMG]

If you have silkie PULLETS let me know. Those I might possibly be able to talk him into.

9. perfectly_polish

perfectly_polish Crowing

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    Quote:They could stay here until they're feathered [​IMG]

If you have silkie PULLETS let me know. Those I might possibly be able to talk him into.

I have some hatching in the 'bator now! They will most likely be pullets, they always are [​IMG]

PC is giving me his silkie pullet, Party! [​IMG] She's a beauty!

10. moodusnewchick

moodusnewchick Songster

Feb 15, 2008
    CT
    Yeah, you're right Henrietta, I was just settling in to not having chicks and was almost out of chick feed...looks like I'm going to be in constant rotation.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: