Why do we spend the first decade of our life ...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gabrielle1976, May 9, 2009.

1. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    Fighting naps with every ounce of energy and every single brain cells worth of ingenuty . Only to spend the next 7 or 8 decades wishing we had more operunities to take a nap.
    My son never liked naps between about 1 year and 2 years old I had to hold him still and turn everything off for him to go to sleep at nap time. He hasnt nappped relibly scince then only when he is sick will he fall asleep.
    He is sooooo tired today I have had him laying down for 2 hours but he wont hold still , kicking his feet playing with his hat or teddy bear or Falling off the couch or haveing to go potty or needing a drink ect ect ect , he physiclly hasnt held still for more then a minute this intire time cause some little 4 year old part of him seems to know if he did he would be out like a light.
    WHats up with this .. I dont get it .. I wish I could take a nap every single day.

2. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    I gave up on naps with mine around 18 months. Now he is 33, never naps if not sick, although he does not usually get 8 hours of sleep, and stays active all day and evening. I nap nearly daily, and napped at least twice a week when I worked full time.

I hear you.

3. cat

cat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    would love to stay and chat but I am off for a nap [​IMG]

4. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    I have always put mine to nap right after their noon meal. You know eat ........get sleepy. It works!

5. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    Quote:Glad it worked for you....

6. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    Yeah thanks for the tip , it never did work with him I tried that and just about everything else. He is one of those kids that gets more active and crazy when he is tired its like his nature to fight slowing down [​IMG]

7. rnoyster

rnoyster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2009
    Conway, South Carolina
    Just apply a small rap about the middle of the top of his head with a LARGE HAMMER!LOL! I have a grandson who is the same way with naps! I need one after having him for an hour!

8. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    Hmm. Is it worse to have a teen that sleeps til noon?[​IMG]
    Though I can remember when my kids were little, it was go, go, go, all the time. At least I was younger!

9. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I'm lucky to get 4 hours of sleep a day.

I'll probably die early.

I did get a nice 1.5 hour nap today after I had cleaned chicken coops, shopped with dear wife and got my new spex.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by