Why do you have chucker or partridge or pheasants?

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by SportTees, Mar 7, 2012.

1. SportTees

SportTees Chillin' With My Peeps

I understand why people have chickens, ducks, and quail but am curious why raise chucker, partridge and pheasant? KIs it because they are pretty or ???

2. cva34

cva34 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2011
    Van Vleck ,TX
    Why do people have Ford,Chevy Dodge ,Toyota??? DIFF STROKES for DIFF FOLKS...cva34

1 person likes this.
  3. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    True. There are probably as many reasons for having pheasants and chukar as there are for having ducks and chickens. [​IMG]

4. SportTees

SportTees Chillin' With My Peeps

Thats what I'm wanting to know. Why? I have considered getting one of them but need more reason than that they are pretty.

5. ranit

ranit Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Illinois
    Our ornamental pheasants are raised just because they are beautiful birds and we sell off the offspring. We also sell a lot of our ringneck pheasants & quail, but some are butchered - very tasty!!

6. birdboy15

birdboy15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2010
    Falmouth, Michigan
    Many are raised for preservation purposes.

7. deserthotwings

deserthotwings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2011
    Queen Creek AZ
    If you don't see the beauty in these birds you probably shouldn't be messing with them anyway.

8. Franzen Farms

Franzen Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2010
    Wilmington, IL
    We raise Ringnecks and Melanistics for hunt clubs, field trials, taxidermy, hunters training their dogs and now I have a few falconers that get some birds to train their hawks and falcons.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by