Why do you sell adult guineas

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by jcatblum, Jul 2, 2011.

1. jcatblum

jcatblum Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2010
    Cement, OK
    Sold 2 cocks tonight. They were trouble makers. They would stay out late, roost in trees overnight & talk the others into following them. They also seemed to be causing chaos in the pecking order. I noticed if my pearl cocks were alone they would chase them & rip their feathers out.

Things seem better already. 830--- still 30 mins or more before sunset--- all my guineas came in for the night without me calling them. That alone reassured me I made the right choice!!!

2. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Glad that you were able to re-home your guineas. Sorry to hear that they were trouble makers. Sounds like you made the right choice. Less headaches.

3. EquestrianGal

EquestrianGal Out Of The Brooder

May 9, 2011
    I sold two cocks a while back because they would just hang out at my neighbor's house all day. The fact that he puts out several tons of birdseed each morning MIGHT have had something to do with that (just a hunch), but he was irritated with the guineas hanging out there. So, for neighborly relations, I sold them. Plus, they weren't really doing me any good since they wouldn't stay on my farm. (Irony being that I have 15 acres and this guy has maybe half an acre lol)

Sounds like you made the right choice!

4. TarheelBirdy

TarheelBirdy Chillin' With My Peeps

MEN. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by