Why Does Buying a House have to be so Stressful?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by rodriguezpoultry, Oct 3, 2011.

1. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    I just need some kind thoughts. It's just really stressful. Like a giant zit coming to a head all at once.

That was a vision you needed, right?

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

It CAN be very stressful. My friends daughter and her DH made offers on SEVEN houses before one was accepted and then that fell through. They are on house #8 now and it finally looks like it's going to happen. I know other people who walk in, make an offer, it's accepted and nothing ever goes wrong.

3. rodriguezpoultry

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    That's what happened originally...we close Nov. 30. We must have the money for the down payment before Oct. 15. We're doing all we can to make sure of that. If nothing else, we'll take a slightly higher rate in order to make it work.

We had one week in order to find a place to live. I refused apartments. We found the perfect house for us in 2 days! The realtor helped us make a lease agreement before we went back to AR to pack.

This is the culmination of over 6 months of work.

4. CarolJ

CarolJ Dogwood Trace Farm

Jun 3, 2011
    Middle Tennessee
    My DH and I bought and sold so many houses over the years as he was transferred with his company. When we built our current house a few years ago and knew it would be the last time we'd ever have to move or buy or sell a house, we were so relieved. And even as recently as yesterday, as we drove past a house for sale, we looked at each other and said, "Thank goodness we never have to go through that again."

Buying a house IS stressful. The best advice I can give is to look at the big picture and don't let the little twists and turns stress you out. Easier said than done. Good luck!

5. goobhen

goobhen Chicks Rule

Dec 6, 2008
    Indiana
    Good luck with your closing and moving everything! Having a good "game" plan will help. Have a safe time moving from one state to another!

6. annaraven

annaraven Born this way

Apr 15, 2010
    SillyCon Valley
    Quote:[​IMG]

I agree. It's very stressful. [​IMG] Hope everything goes smoothly for you. [​IMG]

7. SillyChicken

SillyChicken Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2010
    If you think that's fun, try building one!!!

Hope it's over quickly so all the fun can start!

8. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Quote:And then there's me, with an easy offer, accepted, closing just over the promished 30 days, major Wahoo! celebrations, but a post-purchase OOPS after I took possession.

I think MOVING is also extremely stressful. Thank goodness this is my Forever Home. And I hope this "taking forever" move is soon over.

Oh, but this isn't about me - it's about providing a kind and supportive thought for rodriguezpoultry! [​IMG]

9. rodriguezpoultry

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    LOL!

We get to the point of an impasse, then for some reason, things move out of the way. For example, today. We have just enough to make the down payment. So we called our lender to sign the papers. ONLY to find out that we need to have another $400 for the appraisal! lol!

*Ahhh!*

It's ok...it's gonna be ok.

10. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:It IS going to be ok [​IMG] When you finally move in and call it yours...It will be worth all the stress! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by