Why does my life never get better?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by suzyq53511, May 31, 2010.

1. suzyq53511

suzyq53511 Drowning in Chickens!

Apr 30, 2010
    Beloit
    My DH just left me....oh and my two kids. He left in the middle of the night realllllllyyyy @%#$ up. He said he couldn't take it anymore? Take what? I have gotten no explanation...I bet its me. I have ADHD, OCD, extreme anxiety, ptsd and really bad depression..I think he couldn't take me anymore. I feel so bad......i can't take it. I just am sitting crying trying to type. I have really no friends....all I have is BYC. So I guess I just have to go on with life right? Thats what my mom told me. He is sort of @#$ anyways. I need a little reassurance that I can do this by myself. A house, 2 boys, chickens, dog, cat and over an acre of land...

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Susan, I feel so badly for you.

Hang in there.

You have all of us.

Do you have any hope that he'll be back? Where did he go? Is there another woman?

Have you seen a doctor for your depression/ other maladies?

Was/Is your husband the bread winner and father of your children?

What are the ages of your boys?

Is your mom close by? Do you have any other family members close by?

Are his parents or siblings close by?

Do you attend Church where a pastor or bishop could give you counseling?

If he is truly gone for good, you'll need a good lawyer to make certain that he helps you and the kids.

You don't need to publicly answer all of those questions. You can PM me if you like.

Please hang in there. Love those two little boys.

Use prayer, it works, but then you'll need to eventually pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again.
    It's OK to cry, that helps too.

You are loved.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 31, 2010
  3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer Premium Member

May 11, 2010
    Nothing like being abandoned to make you get off your bum and get the job done. Remember, you are NOT alone, and you have help out there. Pick up the phone, log on to your computer, find the help you need and ask for help. One step at a time. One day at a time. YOU have to make it happen.

Good luck. Now, get to work.

4. Woods_Woman

Woods_Woman Songster 8 Years

Oct 21, 2009
    Oregon Rain Forest
    [​IMG] Keeping you and your family in my prayers. Please don't put all that blame on yourself [​IMG]

5. suzyq53511

Apr 30, 2010
    Beloit
    Do you have any hope that he'll be back? Doubt it

Where did he go? Back to our old place till the lease runs out

Is there another woman? i dont think so

Have you seen a doctor for your depression/ other maladies? sure have. its hard to treat ptsd

Was/Is your husband the bread winner and father of your children? no i am on ssi for my medical and emotional problems

What are the ages of your boys? 5 and 2

Is your mom close by? yep less then a mile away

Do you have any other family members close by? no but my godmother lives near by

Are his parents or siblings close by? no they live in cali and oregon

Do you attend Church where a pastor or bishop could give you counseling? my mom does and her pastor helps me a bit

I just dont get why you just give up. We have been together for over 7 years i met him when i was 18. I guess i have changed i will be 26. I am just not thrilled on raising two kids by myself. he has also made threats that he will just disappear.....

6. chickenwhisperer123

chickenwhisperer123 Whispers Loudly

Mar 7, 2009
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Quote:I know this doesnt sound like much coming from a complete stranger over the internet, but that statement right there makes me think you may be better off without him...

Just hang in there. Your kids need you.

7. suzyq53511

Apr 30, 2010
    Beloit
    The funny thing is I am the stable one in the relationship....I think I am better with out him. He stresses me out so much. I am always worried that he is going to get mad and leave. I cant take that anymore. At least I have you guys [​IMG]

8. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    CAn I recommend REMD for your PTSD .. It literally saved my life after a house fire that MAJORLY traumitized me... Three 1 hr sessions and I was way better....

9. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I know you may not want to hear this right now.. but....
    I truly believe that everything happens for a reason...
    We may not see the reason right away... but sometime in the future you will know.
    I'm so sorry for everything. It takes a real creep to walk out on his young children and wife. [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. suzyq53511

Apr 30, 2010
    Beloit
    What is REMD? My ptsd is horrible....I hate being alone at night because of it. It is wayyyyy better then it use to be. I really need to find a better therapist anyways.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: