Why does my outlet have to be evil

gabrielle1976

Crowing
10 Years
Feb 21, 2009
Columbia river gorge
he.gif

barnie.gif

I woke up this morning and checked my bators, the homemade one was running and looks good the other one was at 63 freaking F.
hit.gif

somad.gif

rant.gif

barnie.gif

The light was off, so I checked the modem and power pack plugged into the same power surge protecter thing and they were on so I thought shoot its my bator, but when I bumped the socket thing it turned back on. I have lose outlets plugs can fall out of them , Any one have any ideas. most every one in my house is like that so its not like I can move it and be fine. If these eggs hatch it will be a miricle this is the 3rd temp issue.
rant.gif

Sounds like the outlet is worn out, this can be dangerous. A loose connection can arc and cause a fire. You should replace the outlet, they are not expensive only a buck or two.

Oh ok thank you. I will try that , Im tempted to duct tape them to the socket ,
hmm.png

And Ill have my owner replace them then because sevral do have dark marks around the edges its kinda scary I only use the ones I have to .

Last edited:
Ok I have my bator back up to 100.7
I checked 3 light tan eggs from my 11 that are due in about a week and all 3 had babies moveing in them , I will save candleing the others and the other 2 batches for tonight at the earliest and most likey not till there due for candleing again anyways.
wink.png

In addition to replacing the outlets, you should make sure that any outlet in the kitchen, bathroom, basement, or garage has a GFCI outlet or is protected by a GFCI circuit breaker or "upstream" outlet. I believe this is code, and is probably required for a rental property.

Back
Top Bottom