1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Why does this happen to me?!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Dapplepony, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Dapplepony

Dapplepony Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2010
    Yesterday, Mom went to a Dr.'s office and had a bad reaction (passed out) to some nerve numbing anateasia and was rushed to the ER. They did some testing and can't find out what went wrong. Dad is currently trying to get an MRI for her.

[​IMG] Life TOTALLY sucks.

2. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    Sorry to hear that. Sometimes it can take a while with tests and all to figure out exactly what is going on. Hope she is doing ok.

3. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    This sort of thing is more common than you might think. For example, I have a friend who is allergic to certain medications. You'd be surprised the lengths her husband has had to go to, to make sure that the prescriptions she has had didn't contain something that she would react to.

Hope your mom's problem can get resolved quickly.

Love your avatar, BTW! (secret Minecraft addict!)

4. Dapplepony

Jul 19, 2010
    UPDATE: Just went with Fairy Godmother Robin to drop of some clothes for her. Dad came to the lobby and told us that she's doing good, she's just sedated because she has a tube down her throat to help her breath and in this family, we have a REALLY BAD gag reaction to anything, so she was sedated to help her calm down.

ETA: She went through some sort of test last night and they found a spot (A teeny tiny spot, mind you.) of blood on her brain.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  5. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Hope she's feeling much better, soon. [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Dapplepony

Jul 19, 2010
    Good news! Mom is out of the ER and in an actual room! She just had a breathing test of some sort, and they think it's a positive! So she'll probably get the tube out and maybe come home.

7. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    [​IMG]Glad to hear good news!

8. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    [​IMG] Good news.

9. Dapplepony

Jul 19, 2010
    Bad news, Mom didn't get out of the hospital yesterday like we thought she would. Good news, She's probably getting out today!

10. [​IMG]i hope she comes home today!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by