Why does this seem so familiar?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Razadia, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Razadia

Razadia The Odd One

Apr 7, 2011
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I swear I've heard of it somewhere. [​IMG]

All joking aside, I have a cow in my yard and my horse is not happy about it. We have no idea how she got in. We've been all along the fences and we just can't figure it out. If our neighbor was at home she'd be gone by now, but he didn't answer when my dad called. So we have a possibly pregnant cow in the yard and we have to wait till we can get it out.

Good thing it's staying away from the coops. [​IMG]

2. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm Premium Member

If a gate is close to a road, people will herd loose livestock in to the closest gate they can find an then drive on.

3. Razadia

Razadia The Odd One

Apr 7, 2011
    Montgomery, Alabama
    The gate to our field is too far from the road for that. They would litterally have to drive into our yard to do it and past a Rott at that. She's still here and she's made herself at home. The good thing is she's eating everything my horse won't, but we're still waiting for our neighbor to come get her. She acts like she has no idea how she got in. We've had cows find their way into out yard in the past, but the horse usually runs them off. He's a very teritorial gelding, but he is a Mustang so I guess that explains it.

She's not really doing any harm. It's just weird that we can't find where she came in at. The fence that seperates our field from his is a pretty solid five strands of barb wire, but there are no breaks in it so we know she didn't come in that way. We're more worried about her being pregnant and the possibility of the horse getting out. Star was none too happy to see her drinking his water, but the odd thing is that he won't kick her. No matter how close she gets to him, he won't hurt her. I've seen him give some pretty rough kicks to invading cows in the past. Aside from not sharing a pear I gave him a bit ago, he's been pretty good about the whole thing.

4. Razadia

Razadia The Odd One

Apr 7, 2011
    Montgomery, Alabama
    The cow is gone now. My neighbor came and got her just a bit ago. I'm glad that's over with.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by