why don't silkie breeders answer their emails?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by mustangsaguaro, Jul 26, 2011.

1. mustangsaguaro

mustangsaguaro Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    San Martin, Ca
    I have tried contacting numerous silkie breeders and none of them return emails. Is there some reason they don't answer emails. I am specifically looking for breeders in California where I can buy fertile eggs from. If there is anyone local to the San Francisco Bay area even better. But anyone on the west coast will do. Ca. preferred since if I got eggs they wouldn't have to travel that far. Anyone know of any breeders that have a website and if I contact them they will contact me back in a reasonable amount of time?

THanks

2. racuda

racuda Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    North Carolina
    That's weird.[​IMG] The best breeders in Florida, New Mexico, Wisconsin,Washington and Pennsylvania have all answered my emails.

3. Teresaann24

Teresaann24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    Sometimes they get so many e-mails its hard to keep track of them all or get to them all super quick. Just keep looking around your area you will find something.

4. KristyAz

KristyAz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2011
    Mishawaka, Indiana
    I also have not experienced this. I have always gotten an answer. [​IMG]

Did you try going through some of the Silkie threads here, checking out siggies, and visiting some breeder websites and contacting them that way?

5. mustangsaguaro

Nov 30, 2007
    San Martin, Ca
    Quote:I have gone to different websites. Have contacted a few breeders on here. The ones on BYC seem better at responding. I need to edit my original post in regards to color(s) I'm specifically looking for.

6. mustangsaguaro

Nov 30, 2007
    San Martin, Ca
    Quote:

7. Debbi

Debbi Overrun With Chickens

May 2, 2010
    Missouri
    Have you checked your junk mail?? Maybe your server doesn't recognize the breeders address and is passing it to junk as spam? Just a thought.

8. Majestic Lane Poultry

Majestic Lane Poultry Heart Strings Animal Rehoming

Feb 9, 2009
    Have you been to any ABA shows? They sometimes have started birds there for sale. Most top breeders do not sell hatching eggs.

9. Birds & Eggs

Birds & Eggs Out Of The Brooder

Jul 23, 2011
    Texas
    I don't know why you wouldn't be getting a response, however I know a lot of silkie breeders simply do not sell hatching eggs.

10. mustangsaguaro

Nov 30, 2007
    San Martin, Ca
    Quote:Yep, always check my junk mail. Thank for the suggestion.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by