Why dont they sell female gosslings/ducklings?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by littlechick1005, Feb 1, 2013.

1. littlechick1005

littlechick1005 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 28, 2012
    Maine
    I only want females, I want no males at all, I know there is no guarentee but still, I would love to have a little group of female geese and ducks...I look on the hatchling internet sites and they never sell sexed duckling or gossling, yet they sell sexed chicks...Does anyone know where I could get a small group of female only babies? And if I cant find any sites that sell sexed babies and end up going to the local feed store in the Spring, how can sex them myself?

2. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    Hmm there must be hatcheries that do, i know i can access sexed gosling's/ducklings.. heck, i just did recently, ordering two buff ducklets. Where have you checked?

Now i do know it'll depend on breed NOT all breeds are sold sexed, my Muscovy the main breed of duck i keep for example is hard to get that way, if even possible at all short of private breeders actually.

3. Herducks

Herducks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2012
    Sebastopol, CA
    i ordered my ducks from meyer and they sold as sexed ducklings. Not sure about others.

4. MadMadamMim

MadMadamMim Out Of The Brooder

Feb 25, 2012
    Bay Point, CA
    Metzer farms will do it

5. Spifflove

Spifflove Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2012
    Ideal will too. They have goslings now. Also a special on Indies! and Pekins $2 [​IMG]on their weekly special page. [both st run]

Last edited: Feb 1, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by