why I don't take my brother to movies

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by arabookworm, Dec 18, 2009.

1. arabookworm

arabookworm Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I am hoping to go see avatar tomorrow, and it reminded me of last year, when I went with some friends to see australia. I can't remember why, but I ended up having to take my little brother. I tried to convince my mom that this was a bad idea, but to no avail. and then comes the romantic part, which was rather more... explicit than I had expected. and DB says, in a rather loud voice "what are they doing, Marwa? why aren't they wearing clothes?" (it didn't actually show them naked, but you could see their clothes on the floor). let me tell you, the elderly couple in front of us practically peed themselves laughing, as did my friends.

but really, when I asked they said it was pg 13 because there was violence, so I had not expected that, so either I talked to a very stupid employee, or the makers of the film failed to mention that.

anyone like to share their fun movie experiences?

2. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    My sister & I and our boyfriends at the time went to see a movie at this little dumpy theatre, we were late and the movie already started, so the theatre was pitch black. As we walked in trying to adjust our eyesight to the darkness........my sister walks right into the wall with a loud THUMP. Everybody started looking around to see what that noise was and we were giggling so bad we had to pee, so we used the restrooms and just left in hysterics.....too embarrassed to go back in. [​IMG]

3. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    My mom made me take my little brother and sister with me to see JAWS. For the next few years my brother tortured my sister by telling her sharks lived in the river behind our house. She was too afraid to go swimming in the river after that and would not believe me when I told her Mike was a big fat liar. [​IMG]

4. rufus

rufus Overrun With Chickens

May 17, 2007
    Years ago, when my wife would be in a bad mood, I would take the kids to the movies and we would hide out there. Well, when the cartoon movie was over, being cheap and unprincipled and not wanting to go home, we would sneak into the next theater without paying. Once we did that, and the film turned out to be "A Clockwork Orange."

I suddenly realized we were in a place we did not want to be. All of a sudden I decided we should go to Thrifty Drug for ice cream. The kids were all for that.

Rufus

5. Bantamlover23

Bantamlover23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2008
    Chuluota, FL
    Me and my sisiter went to go see March of the Pengiuns which was an ok movie but a little dry. What was funny about this when all around us there were people snoring because they had fallen asleep. Me and my sister dying laughing.

6. chicken+quail=luv

chicken+quail=luv Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2008
    Strawberry fields.
    We went with my sister and her boyfriend to see 'The Education'.

If any of you have seen that movie, you would know that seeing it with your sister's boyfriend would be extremely, extremely awkward.

We teased him about it the whole way home.
    [​IMG]

7. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Recently? I went to a movie that was just raved about with Steven, and I was so exhausted and taking sinus pills that I fell asleep,,, bad sinus,, asleep = snoring very loudly!
    In the past: A Kirk Douglas movie with horses wearing something I don't remember what but I told my friend loudly "Those horses are wearing diapers" of course the theatre went dead silent as I said it.

8. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

When I went to see one of the Shrek movies, when Donkey grabs his chest and hollers "I'm comin Elizabeth!" I was the only one that laughed out loud. I though to myself "Geez I AM getting old".

9. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Why? I don't get it...

10. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

It's the ratings board that chooses the rating... not the studio... they WISH they could.
    But yeah, you must have gotten a humdinger of a moron.

We don't do movies often, too pricey in theaters... but I have the annoying habit of knowing the words without having seen it. A sign I've seen too many films and read too many books I think... I get bored when I can predict the next 'suspenseful' scene... I mean, what's the point? Better off hitting the arcade and food court... or Spencers. WHOA... scary to realize I sound like my 11 year old.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by