1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Why I hate CL...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Zahboo, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    EVERYTIME I post some chickens for sale. Someone says OHHHH I've been dying to have this breed pleasehold him/her for me I'll be there tomorrow but they never show. I already had the coop cleaning stuff out so that once they were gone I could clean it and have the chicks in the grower coop moved in, but NOOOOOOOO because they are too stubborn to call me and say, "Oh I can't make it" or "Oh I don't have the money" or even "Oh I didn't want them I was just bored and wanted to waste your time"
    [​IMG]

yeah... rant over [​IMG]

2. cybercat

cybercat Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2007
    Greeneville, Tn
    Well, if you have their phone number you can harrass them to death about it. Keep calling asking when they are comming. Always get a phone number just in case people forget.

3. peakpoultry

peakpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    Marana, Arizona
    yeah Craigslist is a joke now! I have people do that to me all the time.

4. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    He called from a private number and I didn't think of it at the time. I didn't stay for an FFA meeting because I didn't know about it until after I told him 4 was fine. It's 40 minutes after. This is officially sickening

5. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    I always tell people "the first one to show up with cash gets the birds"

I also add SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY in my ads. Seems to work.

I aint holding nothing for nobody [​IMG]

6. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    I am trying to sell my standard flock. 5 birds, 40 dollars. He said he just wanted 2, GLW and mutt. He offered 30. So hey, I said okay, and he said if today was good, yes. what time, 4 okay ty. And he was never heard from again... I don't want to write a not nice email because things happen, but he does have my number...

7. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    That's just a weird offer. More than half the price for less than half the birds - and one of them is a mutt? I hope they were serious but it sounds like something impulsive.

8. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

Ah yeah, took me nearly a week to get some chicks from a guy on CL. Turns out he only gets email at work and then he got down with some back trouble or somethin.

I'm thinkin, if you are selling something ONLINE maybe you should check your email more often!!!! [​IMG]

But hey, I've gotten 12 healthy chicks from him for $1 or $2 each, and he delivered thim, so...

9. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    Which reminds me - I need to go post my two roosters - one is a repost and one is a roo formerly thought to be a pullet. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by