Why I love Amber...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by BirdNut, Jan 21, 2011.

1. BirdNut

BirdNut Overrun With Chickens

Sep 13, 2010
    Suprise, Arizona
    This morning was an odd morning; very off-schedule. I overslept, and came out of the shower late. After all of that, unfortunately, the chickens were released for freeranging quite late. Amber loudly expressed her joy of being let out, it was hilarious. I so wish I caught it on camera. She rocketed out of the coop, at an incredible speed, leaped into the air, flying several feet up, and I'm not kidding, she flew higher than I'd ever seen any chicken go; she did a little circle in the air before landing with a skid and doing an adorable little happy dance. It sounded almost like she sang the egg song, too... [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  2. duckluv

duckluv Overrun With Chickens

Aug 20, 2010
    Ohio
    [​IMG]

3. FlockMama

FlockMama ChickyBawkyChickChick

Mar 11, 2009
    Washington State
    If I oversleep my chickys shoot out the hen door like rockets!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  4. specklesmom

specklesmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    Texas
    Sounds like Amber is one happy lady!! Don't you love to watch the "chicken run"---head down, fuzzy butt in air, clomping side to side like a small dinosaur??

5. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Quote:I think this is my favorite chicken thing, that dinosaur run. Such focus! And it's a crack up whether you see it from the side, the back or the front! The rear view makes me laugh, though.

6. BirdNut

BirdNut Overrun With Chickens

Sep 13, 2010
    Suprise, Arizona
    I totally adore the chicken run!! And my silkie, she runs so clumsily with those feathered feet of hers, her feet sprawling out the sides as she goes. [​IMG]

7. axion_lotus

axion_lotus Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2011
    Central NC
    [​IMG] Chickens are hilarious!

[​IMG] I'd choose watching a flock of chickens over Comedy Central any day.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by