Why I Love Barred Rocks (PIC)

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by speckledhen, Sep 14, 2007.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Temperament!!! I don't own him anymore, but Maverick was a sweetheart of a boy. He has his own flock of girls now. I was looking through the pics and thought I'd share these; some have seen them, some haven't. headbangingrooster and his dad will appreciate it!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. cheeptrick

cheeptrick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2007
    New Hampshire
    That is hilarious! My BIG Dad used to lay in the hammock with us as babies...
    Thank you for that sweet picture! [​IMG]

3. k625

k625 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2007
    Florida
    How cute!! Looks pretty heavy though lol. I know when my 11lb cat sits on my belly I cant take it for too long [​IMG]

4. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Cynthia....GREAT pics! He looks sooo loveable! Thanks for shareing.

5. devora

devora Chillin' With My Peeps

OMG, that is just what happens at our house! DH relaxes in the hammock and Baby Barred jumps up for a cuddle.

You're right: they are darn cute. Love 'em.

6. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    I think i would like a barred rock [​IMG]

7. wlz77

wlz77 Out Of The Brooder

May 1, 2007
    PA
    LOVE MY BARRED ROCK!!! SHE RUNS UP TO ANYONE WHO COMES INTO THE COOP. AND FOLLOWS YOU AROUND.

8. That's so sweet! He must be a mellow fellow (the roo and the Hubby).

Lisa

9. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

All my Barred Rock cockerels/roosters have been wonderful. Never yet had an aggressive rooster. Hope I never do, either! I do love those Barred Boys and Girls. I miss Maverick-he just had this way of looking into my face that made me want to hug him all the time. (Hubby, too, LOL)

Last edited: Sep 15, 2007
  10. headbangingrooster

headbangingrooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2007
    Georgia
    Good ol' BRs. Buster's not quite as rotten as he used to be, but he's still quite spoiled. Comes up and eats out of my hand, sits in my lap, loves to listen to music. Talks to me, gives me hugs, he's a lot like a cat. I can pick him up and hold him, and he'll stay there forever. [​IMG] Couldn't live without him.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by