Why I love my chickens...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by socalchicks, Dec 16, 2009.

1. socalchicks

socalchicks Out Of The Brooder

Sep 1, 2009
    Temecula Valley, CA
    The last couple of weeks have been really busy at work, I've been working 16+ hr days. I've been so overwhelmed with work and kind of stressed out. I haven't had a chance to go out and hang with the chickens at all.

Today I finally got caught up and I was able to take a break and just pull up a chair and sit with the girls out in the yard. My flock is small, only 5 girls. But, all of them came and hung out with me and just stayed in a little square around my chair. My EE, Rizzo, jumped up on my lap and stayed there for a long time (without pooping!). I swear she kept trying to tell me something, but I don't understand chicken yet! She was happy to just sit on my lap and talk with me. One of my RIRs jumped up on my lap for a little bit, too. They've never really been affectionate before, it was almost like they knew I needed some chicken love! [​IMG]

I totally love my dogs and bunnies, too. But there is just something about some cuddling from a chicken that is special! It really did help me unwind and release all the stress from the last couple weeks. Now if I could just get them to lay me some eggs!

Hmm... I think the world needs a little more chicken therapy! [​IMG]

2. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

[​IMG][​IMG]:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2009
  3. fldiver97

fldiver97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by