WHY I NEED A ROOSTER !!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by hcammack, Jun 26, 2008.

1. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    I have a little delaware hen that is becoming a little delaware Hen/ROO :mad: ! I would be fine with it if she protected the others and fertilized eggs and all that nice stuff but she just stopped laying and started literally raping and I mean violently my poor lil ameraucana hens! I need a rooster !!!!!!!!! I will told my mom and she said maybe so the BBS ameraucana project is looking brighter [​IMG] or yummy transvestite dellie stew I love this girl but that was just plain mean the ameraucana was not doing anything either. I watched later though and bossy food aggressive fat little faverolle who is the head hen gave the dellie a whoopin ! [​IMG]

Wish me luck in aquiring a peace keeping rooster ! He will have his wings full here [​IMG]

Henry

Last edited: Jun 26, 2008
  2. dangerouschicken

dangerouschicken Will Barter For Coffee

May 6, 2007
    Columbia Gorge, OR
    What kind of rooster are you eyeing? Everyone has a favorite [​IMG]

Sorry to here about your trannie hen... well, until you eat it! [​IMG]

3. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Oh forgot to ask has anyone had this experance with a hen? Did a roo solve the problem.

Thanks,
    Henry

4. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Quote:Blue black or splash ameraucana boy and at least two girls for him [​IMG] that is the problem I have favorites the ameraucana are my favorets even if they aren't friendly and miss trannie is [​IMG]

5. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    For right now I am the rooster [​IMG] I grabbed tranny and threw her off the other hen last time a saw it happen and she was like why not and I just chased her off. I have the idea that if a got a rooster the shy coy pretty little ameraucan hens would be his faveriotes [​IMG]

6. jbourget

jbourget Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    CT
    Yes a rooster should establish the new pecking order and should solve your problem. Good luck!

7. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Quote:LOL I will print this post out eventually and show it to my parents [​IMG]

8. Wolf-Kim

Wolf-Kim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2008
    If you are worried about getting a standard rooster for aggression issues, you can always do a bantam roo. Not that bantams tend to be any less aggressive, they just aren't quite the threat.

I think even a banty would solve your problems. After all, being the roo has hardly anything to do with the size but the attitude. I had a Sebright that kept all my standard sexlinks in line. He tried to keep me in line too, but all he could do was jump at my sneakers, which we all found extrememly comical.

-Kim

9. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    I would actually prefer a standard rooster [​IMG] I am not afraid of them and he would have at least 12 nutty ladies to distract him. I want to be able to hatch my own purebred chicks so I want to get a trio of ameraucana I was thinking though that if the problem with aggresion does not clear up I might get a banty lavender ameraucana and a few new pullets.

Henry

10. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    I want to se what happens today if she does it again its final we are going to try a roo at the end of the summer.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by