Why I think BYC is the BEST

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by LittleChickenRacingTeam, May 23, 2008.

1. LittleChickenRacingTeam

LittleChickenRacingTeam On vacation

Jan 11, 2007
    Ontario, CANADA
    Normally I don't post this kind of thing.

But after visiting & being a member of numerous chook boards after the last 8 years, here is what I think....

1) BYC has the largest knowledge base.

2) Rules are clear & defined.

3) The owner(Nifty/Rob) clearly wants to make chicken s & their care his #1 priority

4) The mods are a dedicated bunch (Even that duck lover one)

5) I'm tired of the bashing of BYC that goes on at other sites. They are a jealous bunch of wanna bee's

6) This is the only site that REALLY allows an individual to express themselves (within the guidlines)

That's it in a nut shell.

2. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    Hear - hear! I totally, 100% agree with all of the above.

3. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    I totally agree. I've tried a few forums, and well - BYC is still the best and feels like HOME!

4. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Welcome back, LCRT. [​IMG]

5. Buster

Buster Back to Work

I totally agree with you LCRT. After trying out other sites as well, I feel that this is the place for me. I really like how well the staff responds to concerns here. Very prompt and willing to look into things and get back with you. I too tire of the BYC bashing on other sites. It gets very old. I am glad to be part of a fun board with so many experienced knowledgeable helpful people.

6. DuckLady

DuckLady ~~~Administrator~~~BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Welcome back to all of you with open arms!

7. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    LCRT you are sooo right. Wild, this place does truly feel like home. I've tried other boards, and found that they just are not that chicken caring/oriented.
    And the advice here is great. I, too, am tired of reading all that BYC bashing. This is a great board.

Last edited: May 23, 2008
  8. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Quote:I really appreciate all you guys do! Its nice to feel comfortable back on the BYC.

Last edited: May 23, 2008
  9. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    Quote:While it is very easy to be swayed and caught up in the idea that the grass is greener in the next pasture.....once again that theory is proven to be untrue......so with the red heels clicking "there's no place like home".....................................

10. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    LCRT, Couldn't have said it better myself. I think you summed it all up perfectly.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by